Random Info: Gp2X Has Alot Of Content!

Hooka

That Guy!
Website
Visit site
Well, I decided to do some "handheld cleaning" given that I have received my Pandora, and I went about downloading and putting all the GP2X original games (no emu's, mostly skipped stuff also on Wiz) on my 4GB SD... and I just ran out of room and have a few games left to put on :p

All I gotta say is, beautiful! The amount of (mostly) original content for GP2X is amazing! (mind you I do still have some ports on there, but stuff that isn't on Wiz generally, I did put Wind and Water on both along with ruckage and alex's games...)

Now I gotta find a 1 or 2 GB card to get the leftovers onto something ;)

The Wiz on the other hand, I did the same thing basically, and have around a gig to spare :p We gotta start getting more original games on that little treasure :p

As a small note, finding ALL the GP2X games is like hunting for pokemon... it was a mix of my own collection I've been maintaining over the years, the archives, gp32spain and pdroms.de all rolled into one to finally find what I'm guessing is an almost complete collection...

P.S. Anybody have a copy of Lotty's Lines? The files in the archive are either corrupt or missing... I'll dig through my CD's to try and find them, but that might take forever :p (might wind up finding more games that way though :D )

P.P.S. I managed to find The Minigame Project and Rock Dodger on one of my DVD's of schtuph, so I might have to zip those up and put them back on the archive sometime...

I really would buy an SD card for the GP2X (or Pandora, or Wiz, for that matter) thats pre-loaded with games and so on .. I'm surprised nobody has cottoned on to the fact that they *could* *LEGALLY* make money this way, by selling the SD cards ready-to-go, and including free ROMs with the bundled emulators - there are legal MAME roms, for example, same with Nintendo and so on ..

Bundle it all up with good documentation on how to add additional ROMs, and you've got yourself a deal. I'd pay $50 or even $100 for such an SD card for each one of the Pandora, GP2X and Wiz systems ..

Interesting idea... personally, I just wish I could find more SMC's for my GP32, when I got the GP2X I tried doing the same and ran out of room! (Mind you I did buy most of the games off of joygp before it went tits up :p So that accounts for a fair deal of the space) One of these days I'll break down and spend the ridiculous amount for another 128MB SMC or two, just too poor lately :p )

I'll have to take off some things first (commercial games) and remove some stuff, just realized that with a full SD I can't save anything, so cave story crashed instantly :p

Tommorow I'll zip up both cards (minus commercial games and anything that might get me in trouble... some of my games are private betas :p)

Sound good?

Hey Hooka, do you have a list of all the commercial games for the GP2X? I bought some from a site that sells games for cell phones but I'm sure there's more out there.

Wind and Water
Elements Interactive (probably the site you were talking about... has quartz 2, blazar, flurkies, etc.)
RetrovirusRTS by Up Media
Payback by Apex Designs

Vektar has been released as freeware, look in the archive, and I suggest finding the pack with all the various old free versions too, as although it's the same game, there is some differences that are worth checking out ;)

Apparently Zacaj is no longer selling bloxz for GP2X, which is kinda disappointing imo... I enjoyed it...

That's all I can think of atm, Bloody cross, Her Knights, Odonata and a few other korean games seem to have never made it out of Korea, which is disappointing imo... In all reality, GP32 had more commercial games!

torpor: Well, I tried to go through it and ensure there was nothing I couldn't put on there... so here are two SD card pack, there is some stuff missing...

EvilDragon: I know this is your hosting, so if you don't like me having these up, please tell me and I will remove them! As far as I know there are no registered games or roms, datafiles, etc. but they are big ;)

*BOTH Cards have different stuff on them!*

1GB pack
4GB Pack

I left space available on each for savestates, I would assume it's enough...

I had to spread the collection out a bit, lots of interesting and fun stuff in here, but it is still missing some stuff, like what is mentioned in the first post. In addition to that I didn't remember to put the bloxz demo on (forgot to put it on when I took off bloxz) or snowedin7, skipped some of the pongs, just can't see the need for 20 of 'em... very few ommisions, probably not a complete collection, but nigh on close...

*Also note that I haven't tested ALL games yet, just a few...

Mr 2X, as long as nobody has a problem with my packs (don't want their software in there or something is found that shouldn't be in there...)

I'm fine with it...

I think I might have to find a place to do this for the tapwave zodiac too, all the old sites are gone and I have an almost complete collection...

torpor said:
This is really, really great. I'm digging my GP2X out for some Hooka love .. ;) Nice one mate!

Yea, I'm downloading too. I haven't used my gp2x in months since I moved and got a netbook. I've been using that for all my gaming, and emu roms. I only really played RPGs roms from different systems like SNES, and Sega Genesis, TG16, and some MAME games...on my GP2x.

I haven't heard of more than half of these games....I am definitely breaking out my gp!! I also never went into OPEN2X....which I see is on the 1 GB.....definitly trying that!!

Thanks Hooka!

And if anyone else wants to zip their sd cards, sans commericial roms and games, this would be awesome.....

DSR

Last edited by a moderator:
dsraa said:
And if anyone else wants to zip their sd cards, sans commericial roms and games, this would be awesome.....
my cards may be a little harder to separate out but I have a general list of stuff that adds up to 13GB. It would take a while to clean up (ahem, non-freeware stuff) so if there is more interest in this I could oblige. Here is a list of what I have fully working (on FW4.0.0 w/gmenu2x, every program tested, but not every game) (tried to pick cream of the crop, so to speak):

apps (26MB): enexfi, gmu-0.6.3, gp2xpdf, greader2x, mp2x, pv2x-1.3, termula2x, write, loadscreen

emulators (4.3GB): amstrad (179), atari2600 (960), atari5200 (101), atari7800 (60), atari800 (20 disk Yogi Collection), atarilynx (95), atarist (40), c64 (204), coleco (198), gba, gbc (105), genesis (32 iso, 285 other), gg-sms (522), int-v1.0.1 (215), msx1 (77), msx2 (22), nes (1062), ngpocket (45), sinclair-zx81 (20), snes (250), spectrum (100), temper (267), uae4allgp2x (3)

emulators2 (5.3GB): cps2 (38), fba (128), mame (1084, no clones), neocd2x (8 CD only, not on carts), neogeo (152)

Freeware (650MB):

Adventure - Camelot Warriors, crimson, Dark_Light, egoboo-cramfs, fleshchasmer, meritous, nethack, openglad2x, Powder2X, uqm2x
Arcade - beat2x, Boomshine2x, CDogs, CowSuckers, drill2x, extender, flobopuio, frozen2x-0.1, gobeargo, mush_gp2x, Phishy, protozoa, RuckMan, SOD, space_varments_v1.0, Sqdef, stransball2, ztunnel
Misc - blingo1.2, BrassMunkey, chess2x, freec2x, gchess, gp2xgo, KicknPLay_1.1, mancala, minigameproject, poker2x, Poker_Gp2X, poolpanic, powerslide, RetroVirus, roadsmash, Sachunsung2_1, Shangai v2, spongeblobtennis, yahtzee-v21
Platform - alex, dastardlydungeon1.5, doukutsu-1.04, Freedroid, Heroes, knightlore, malvado, openggs, openggs2, Phantomas1.8X, profanation, rg_105, supertux, Worminator3, xRick
Puzzle - animatch, battlejewels, Blix2x, blockdude, Blocked, blox, Blox_GP2X, diamant, enigma, Ghostpix, gnurobbo, gp2x_drench, hex-a-hop, minos, reword, rubido, sleuthslots2x, sokoban
Shooter - alienblaster, asteroids, blastriot1.21, Garden2X, GravityForce2X, noiz2sa, powermanga, ProjectStarfighter, rRootage_v1.0, shippy84, spout, tyrian, vektar, xigon-X-gp2x-V1, squaresliding, stppc2x, tileworld2x, Waternet, wumbo, xpired2x

Interpreters (2.5GB): albion (free), bor (4), clonekeen2x, dosbox (dr brain, dungeon hack), drod, dukenukem3d (full), exult (full), frontier, hexen2 (full), megazeux (23), openjazz (full), phoneME_1.0 (35), quake (full), rott (full), scummvm (64), sod (full), Warcraft (free), warcraft2, wolfenstein (full), xcom1, xcom2, zdoom (112), zelda

Proof positive that this machine beats PSP and NDS hands down.

**DISCLAIMER**
If people want the interpreters I can dig up all the shareware versions for them unless they can confirm they are abandonware. I will not provide any commercial copies as I have the floppies/disks to account for playing them. I'm old and have bought way too many games over the years.

I have every single game for the emus listed above so if someone can point out the free or PD then I can add those too. Since I rename them with sorting tools I could separate all the PDs already. I will only provide something I can verify, so don't just send me a list without references.
**DISCLAIMER**

Plus, there may have to be a Open2x and original FW package as there are some issues between them. Regardless, if someone gets me a list of the stuff they want from above in freeware form I'll make a (not for profit) image.

Fantastic Hooka, thanks for putting these up! I'll grab them on the weekend when I'm on a beefier connection.

Hooka said:
I think I might have to find a place to do this for the tapwave zodiac too, all the old sites are gone and I have an almost complete collection...
There's a guy in the Marketplace forum selling a whole batch of Zodiac 2's. I was pondering getting one to catch up on some history, but I thought, imagine how hard it would be to find all the software these days. Now I have to talk myself out of it another way. :D

Actually, I don't think I put the open2x installer on there, I think that's just information that's saved by gmenu2x and open2x when I scanned for apps, could be wrong though...

Zodiac 2 is one classy piece of hardware imo, and nothing beats being able to listen to your own mp3's while switching between games seamlessly... another bonus is that it's touchscreen is really high quality (like the Pandora's), unlike the GP2X/Wiz touchscreens that piss me off :p I guess I'll sort through the Zodiac stuff for those of you getting Zod's from that guy, as it's gonna be hard to find any Zod stuff nowadays... Might be a couple weeks as I got some stuff I need to do and I'm going on a short vacation in about a week...

Even if you do have the Open2x installer on there, it wouldn't work for anybody else. It's pretty much a 'run once' thing since it changes itself while running.

Yeah, there is a ton of content for the gp2x. That a big part of why I've been hesitant to upgrade to another similar system. The devs did an amazing job making games and apps for the system.

Post if you find any cool games they you never knew about before or only found on another gp2x community site.

jbrodack: there are a few, and some of the ones that have broken links now too... I'm gonna try and get them uploaded to the archive (and gonna send 'em to kojote to put up on pdroms.de also) when I get some time. I'm just fairly busy atm working on some ports, looking for a job, working on some original games and getting ready to take a small visit to see my family and such.

Hooka said:
Actually, I don't think I put the open2x installer on there, I think that's just information that's saved by gmenu2x and open2x when I scanned for apps, could be wrong though...

Zodiac 2 is one classy piece of hardware imo, and nothing beats being able to listen to your own mp3's while switching between games seamlessly... another bonus is that it's touchscreen is really high quality (like the Pandora's), unlike the GP2X/Wiz touchscreens that piss me off :p I guess I'll sort through the Zodiac stuff for those of you getting Zod's from that guy, as it's gonna be hard to find any Zod stuff nowadays... Might be a couple weeks as I got some stuff I need to do and I'm going on a short vacation in about a week...
Hey Hooka, any chance you can upload your Zodiac files? I've been able to find some things but I'm intrigued as to what constitutes a complete collection on this cool handheld. You're right about it being hard to find stuff for it btw! Maybe post it in the Other Consoles section for the others that have recently acquired one?

Thanks in Advance!

Back