Raspberry Pi - 25 Dollar PC on a USB stick

^ I guess it couldn't be helped. :p

I'm still looking forward to getting mine. Eeeeeeeee! :D

Sorry for the double post, but I thought that folks around here might like to know that amongst other things, they've just informally announced that they're planning to run a series of coding competitions. To quote;

We’re planning on running a programming competition (prize to be announced, but we hope we can make it a really good one) some time over the next month or so. We’ll be running regular competitions for different age groups – all age groups, as we don’t believe education stops at 18 – as part of our emphasis on education, but the first one will be open to anybody who fancies trying their hand at a bit of Python; as well as getting you lot coding, it’ll help us to work out how best to organise later competitions. If you want to polish your Python in anticipation (and especially if you’re new to Linux), you might want to install RacyPy on your PC; I’ve been playing with it this week, and it’s a great lightweight OS for Linux beginners with PyGame preinstalled, so you can get straight to learning the language.

Last edited by a moderator:
These things happen when you tweet ;) I dumped the link on Reddit too, although that crowd seems more interested in shipping melodrama than anything dev related.

I look forward to getting mine in two months. Still not sure exactly what I'll do with it!

love how im pushed back to the end of queue because my initial order was just cancelled instead of maybe transferred....wait a minute...didnt you(Prometheous) order a Pi like a whole month after initial orders went live?

in rpi and pandora preordering terms, two days is more like Two Months™, and i'm a first day order-er myself, from both sites, well....subscribed to rs farnell

039L2.jpg

http://www.adafruit....r-raspberry-pi/

hRqZP.jpg

BAH! i just received my Raspberry Pi from RS Farnell.

Unfortunately, I likely won't touch for at a couple of months seeing as how Diablo 3 is coming out tomorrow :{

BAH! i just received my Raspberry Pi from RS Farnell.

Unfortunately, I likely won't touch for at a couple of months seeing as how Diablo 3 is coming out tomorrow :{
feel free to send me your Rasberry Pi, I'm sure I won't see mine for a couple of months at least! lol

My Raspberry Pi is here!! It arrived yesterday... but I am at work, booo!

Back