Raylib on Pyra?

pmprog

DNF (Did Not Finish)
Hi,

Raylib has support for X11 and KMS/DRM backends, would both be usable on the Pyra? Would somebody with a dev Pyra be able to compile the examples and test them?

Thinking along the lines of the DRM build to produce something a bit like the old Pandora MiniMenu as an alternative boot option.

Cheers

JDTAY

Half Pepperoni, All Cheese
I've been wondering about this too.

Also wondering if raylib is any better than SDL2 if I just plan on doing 2D stuff. It has more features, but those could be costly.

Edit: Though I am reminded that SDL2 doesn't even load most image or audio files without extra libraries, SDL_image and SDL_mixer. Maybe it is time I used something more convenient.

Edit 2: From the raylib github wiki: "Additionally, I'm planning a new graphics backend: a simple 2D software renderer. I think it could be useful on some embedded platforms... still on design phase."

So it does sound like SDL2 is better for simple 2D stuff. Hmmm...

Edit 3: I've been considering it more, I think raylib is probably better for me. That last edit isn't really that relevant since Pyra has a GPU.

Last edited:

pmprog

DNF (Did Not Finish)
Picking between SDL2 and Raylib are both pretty much choice.
My advice: Try and write a simple graphical interactive animation tests (I hesitate to say "game") in both libraries and see which fits your workflow better