Raylib on Pyra?

pmprog

DNF (Did Not Finish)
Hi,

Raylib has support for X11 and KMS/DRM backends, would both be usable on the Pyra? Would somebody with a dev Pyra be able to compile the examples and test them?

Thinking along the lines of the DRM build to produce something a bit like the old Pandora MiniMenu as an alternative boot option.

Cheers

I've been wondering about this too.

Also wondering if raylib is any better than SDL2 if I just plan on doing 2D stuff. It has more features, but those could be costly.

Edit: Though I am reminded that SDL2 doesn't even load most image or audio files without extra libraries, SDL_image and SDL_mixer. Maybe it is time I used something more convenient.

Edit 2: From the raylib github wiki: "Additionally, I'm planning a new graphics backend: a simple 2D software renderer. I think it could be useful on some embedded platforms... still on design phase."

So it does sound like SDL2 is better for simple 2D stuff. Hmmm...

Edit 3: I've been considering it more, I think raylib is probably better for me. That last edit isn't really that relevant since Pyra has a GPU.

Last edited:
Picking between SDL2 and Raylib are both pretty much choice.
My advice: Try and write a simple graphical interactive animation tests (I hesitate to say "game") in both libraries and see which fits your workflow better

Back