Rca Y Splitter With A Switch To Select?

Dozer

Efram the retarded rabbit
Website
lawrencewithaw.tumblr.com
I want the option for an RCA to either go down one or another of a Y splitter, but I can't find any with a switch to give me that kind of option, just go down both. Can anyone help me out pls?

I only want this as I'm expecting it'll half the power and so be half as quiet down each path if there isn't a switch, as this is what happens with 3.5 jacks with a Y splitter and headphones, is it different for RCA going to a hifi/TV?

Thanks guys :).

jcintheus posted on Oct 16 2004 at 02:25 PM said:
I don't think you'll need a switch, not for a video signal.
Have you tried it?

You'll get quite a difference in quality as you split a video signal. It's better to buy a powered splitter that can send to one or all of its outputs with no signal loss.

Will cost you though.

Last edited by a moderator:
You always lose a bit power in video signals if you split them up, however, you can use them serially.

(ie. go into a TV, go out of it again and then into the next one.. however, not many monitors pass the signal through, mostly only professional ones...)

EvilDragon posted on Oct 17 2004 at 12:56 PM said:
You always lose a bit power in video signals if you split them up, however, you can use them serially.

(ie. go into a TV, go out of it again and then into the next one.. however, not many monitors pass the signal through, mostly only professional ones...)

Well, you lose about 2dB, which is nearly nothing.

Last edited:
Back