Re-pre_order E,mails Going Out

There was a discussion on the German Board some time ago. ED knows the certification procedure from the gp2x. So it's not the first time he does this ;)

TaG said:
The bit that really saddens me is that a lot of people that pre-ordered now might wait or not bother at all, all of which damages the project, the community, and the potential for this machine. I really hope and want to believe that this will all work out fine. But it's also why I haven't yet transfered my funds and I want to see "more" before I do. I wonder how many people are waiting too?
Can't blame us for being negative nancies. I didn't have half the problems most had because I bought from EDs shop with bank transfer, but I'm still a little low right now because damn it I should be holding the device in my hand right now, but I'm not. Regardless of blame.

That being said, once I get the device, all is well again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was there any confirmation that the second re-order emails that were sent out briefly based on the "purchasing queue"? I'm sure I was one of the first some-odd hundred of people that ordered the pandora as quick as I could through gbax.

I'm going to assume that the re-order emails were based on the "purchase queue" simply because:
1.) In the first re-order that went by country, I was almost dead last because I live in Canada.
2.) In the second re-order that went by "x", I got my re-order email the day of/day after it was announced that CC would be accepted through google checkout.
3.) They aren't similar, so 2's "x" may be considered going by "purchasing queue" number.
4.) I'm not from the United States, so this may, or may not back up my claim.

Am I wrong to assume this? Does anyone have any information regarding this? I had successfully re-ordered through the CC google checkout process and got confirmation from Jacquelyn.

Sorry if this is a freq asked question. I am on this forum fairly often trying to keep myself updated, but I do miss things sometimes.

Prophet said:
When I can re-order via CC/debit then I'll do so.

If your willing to re-order via debit card then you might as well do a bank transfer, as the only difference is who takes the money out of your account.

Just checking to see if other people are still waiting for their reorder email as I have not got mine yet? I have not seen an announcement to say they have finished them all so I assume they are still working through them - can anyone confirm this?

I've received my refund for the pandora and I have two small questions (and sorry for them) :

1- I have received the refund but I never received any email saying that I got my refund back. Why would that be? (btw I never received any email updates or anything and I subscribed to the email newsletter + openpandora is in my trusted sender's list)

2- When I paid for it initially in october, I paid for 355.88$ but I somehow got billed for 388.77$.
When I got my refund, I got a refund of 355.88$ but the 24$ more that I got charged never showed up back?
What gives?

It would be really appreciated to reply because I have a bunch of things to do every day and I can hardly follow all the discussions and everything going on with the pandora :(

Is it too late to re-order?
Are they really going to ship in the next few months?

Last time somebody replied to my first message and I couldn't reply to him/them because as it was my first post, I got caught in the purgatory or something like that...

I loved the whole concept of the pandora and I would like a lot to receive one, but I'm not sure of anything now.

Thanks in advance! :D

PS: sorry for my bad english, I have a hard time expressing myself correctly in that language :unsure:

gpx74532 said:
Just checking to see if other people are still waiting for their reorder email as I have not got mine yet? I have not seen an announcement to say they have finished them all so I assume they are still working through them - can anyone confirm this?
I'm still waiting on the CC reorder update email. It took a long time for me to get the cc refund email as well.

Alpha2 said:
I emailed them first just to double check what they needed from me and sent my check in this morning.
Yup, I got my re-order email January 20th, so I slept on it for a day cause I admit I was "on the fence" about not using my credit card. :unsure: But then EvilDragon posted the "We're part of a story" blog which listed all the problems they've been through and clarified some things for me, so I figured what the heck, and mailed them a cheque. After getting them to add a TV-out cable. B)

Now I sit back and wait for the cheque to clear, and then wait for :pandora1: to arrive sometime this Spring. :)

gpx74532 said:
There has been no announcement, they will no doubt be sending them out over a period of days - thats why I posted it for all to see the detail whilst waiting. :)

sixstringmonk said:
I'm still waiting on the CC reorder update email. It took a long time for me to get the cc refund email as well.
There will be no CC re-order according to the devs for some while, possibly 4 to 6 months.

I have not received the re-order email, but when I do, I will re-order and pay by whatever means necessary. I am committed to getting a Pandora, and if everything goes south, could afford to lose the money although I will have a hard time justifying that to my wife! (And from everything I've seen, I have every confidence that they are doing everything they can to make it happen, so I believe I will eventually get my device.)

Good luck to all!

m1dget said:
1- I have received the refund but I never received any email saying that I got my refund back. Why would that be? (btw I never received any email updates or anything and I subscribed to the email newsletter + openpandora is in my trusted sender's list)
They had several mail addresses, some were googlemail, maybe they got blocked.

2- When I paid for it initially in october, I paid for 355.88$ but I somehow got billed for 388.77$.
When I got my refund, I got a refund of 355.88$ but the 24$ more that I got charged never showed up back?
What gives?
I don't know. Maybe your CC company charged a fee? You can re-order with the exact amount you were re-funded.

It would be really appreciated to reply because I have a bunch of things to do every day and I can hardly follow all the discussions and everything going on with the pandora :(
No problem, someone will answer :)

Is it too late to re-order?
No, it isn't too late.
Are they really going to ship in the next few months?
Supposedly, yes. Craig thinks sometime in march.

Drak said:
Was there any confirmation that the second re-order emails that were sent out briefly based on the "purchasing queue"? I'm sure I was one of the first some-odd hundred of people that ordered the pandora as quick as I could through gbax.
I don't remember someone confirming that the mails were sent according to a certain order queue.

mali said:
Drak said:
I don't remember someone confirming that the mails were sent according to a certain order queue.

Just to add to this, I don't think they were done according to any queue - I ordered mine quite early on (within the first half-hour or so, if memory serves), but never received one of the Google Checkout e-mails. (I sent a cheque in the end, though. :p)

No, it isn't too late.

So if I read correctly on the other topics I simply purchase it again at the same site I did the first time? (just to be sure not to make any mistake)

Another little question... if I bought it on October 6 (iirc it was a monday), am I in the last ones to have bought it? I mean will I receive it when they will soon ship or would I receive it in the second, third, fourth or more batch? :unsure:

To be honest, I bought the pandora only for having a little music player I could carry around and that could run some emulators.
Also I liked the fact that it ran linux, but I'm really wondering if it's worth the wait (depending of how much time I'll have to wait).
I think it is from what I've read, but I just don't know if I will receive it in a near future or like at the end of 09.

Thanks again for your reply :D

Prometheus said:
mali said:
Drak said:

Just to add to this, I don't think they were done according to any queue - I ordered mine quite early on (within the first half-hour or so, if memory serves), but never received one of the Google Checkout e-mails.

I don't think the first half-hour or so would cut it, if it was queue based. I'm sure there are many MANY other people like me. The ones that ordered it within a couple of minutes and as fast as humanly possible. :lol:

Haha, I ordered as fast as humanly possible too - it's just that you faster-than-humanly-possible folks mostly killed off the server before I got there. :lol:

I'm just glad I decided to stay up that night. Credit card orders really did make things so much easier for me. Soon my precious :pandora1: soon... *poof*

m1dget said:
No, it isn't too late.

So if I read correctly on the other topics I simply purchase it again at the same site I did the first time? (just to be sure not to make any mistake)

Another little question... if I bought it on October 6 (iirc it was a monday), am I in the last ones to have bought it? I mean will I receive it when they will soon ship or would I receive it in the second, third, fourth or more batch? :unsure:

To be honest, I bought the pandora only for having a little music player I could carry around and that could run some emulators.
Also I liked the fact that it ran linux, but I'm really wondering if it's worth the wait (depending of how much time I'll have to wait).
I think it is from what I've read, but I just don't know if I will receive it in a near future or like at the end of 09.

Thanks again for your reply :D
Pertaining to your previous email: you were likely charged a foreign bank transaction fee. anyone who tried to paid with credit card was going to experience that extra charge. You might even see it as a tax on yout CC statement.

As for reordering no you dont do it through the site. You'll have to order through one of the approved working methods for paying (either bank transfer, check or money order). Take the order number you got on the order confirmation Email and make sure it's written somewhere when you use one of these methods so that they can connect your money with the previous records of a preorder otherwise they dont know if you actually have a place in line.

From the sound of things in some of the posts there's a good chance of it shipping by the end of March, barring any events like government coup de'tats, asteroid impacts or breakdowns in the manufacturing process.

I live in Italy and have yet to receive the reorder email.

I ordered the pandora on 30 september so i should be among the first to have ordered it.
I've seen in the other topics the refund email so shall i wait to receive the mail or shall i go ahead with the reorder?

Thank you!

If you have received your re-fund then just go ahead with the re-order. There is no benefit in waiting for the mail. Everyone gets the same mail, anyway.

And to everyone who doesn't want to re-order: It's very important to tell Open Pandora, that you don't want to re-order, so that they can free up the slots for others who want to jump in on the first batch.

Back