Re-pre_order E,mails Going Out

sadly I think most of the ones who are backing out are doing so without bothering because they either think it's a scam or they dont care enough about the community to bother doing anything but make posts about how much they feel ripped off.

When reordering via transfer, what is the amount of the transfer we should specify? And do we specify pounds when doing so? (I have not received the reorder via transfer email and live in the USA, but the copy posted at the start of this thread did not include an amount.) Should it be the amount in US$ I was refunded for the credit card order? (I do not mind much either way, since I understand how conversion rates and transaction fees enter into it.)

timburnett said:
When reordering via transfer, what is the amount of the transfer we should specify? And do we specify pounds when doing so? (I have not received the reorder via transfer email and live in the USA, but the copy posted at the start of this thread did not include an amount.) Should it be the amount in US$ I was refunded for the credit card order? (I do not mind much either way, since I understand how conversion rates and transaction fees enter into it.)
The easiest thing to do is specify the exact amount in USD that you were refunded. The conversion will be done automatically at the current rate.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see there is a pinned post saying you need to pay within 7 days.

I still haven't had a reorder email and I am concerned that they have lost my details or something. Has anyone else still not got their reorder email?

Am I safe to just reorder using my original order number and I just trust they have kept my address details safe?

TIA

gpx74532 said:
I see there is a pinned post saying you need to pay within 7 days.

I still haven't had a reorder email and I am concerned that they have lost my details or something. Has anyone else still not got their reorder email?

Am I safe to just reorder using my original order number and I just trust they have kept my address details safe?

TIA
You're not the only one who did not get a reorder e-mail. And I've checked my spam filters just to make sure.

It may be that OP has enough re-orders in to complete the production run already, and so we are not being contacted?

Folks, just email them and ask.
I just got my reorder confirmation and they matched it just fine to my original order number. They're quick replying to emails too.

No, there's still quite a few emails to go out.

You do not need to wait for the email, however. All the information you need to do a bank transfer or send a check or MO is here. We can figure out your shipping details from your order number, but including your email and shipping addresses wouldn't hurt.

Alpha2 said:
sadly I think most of the ones who are backing out are doing so without bothering because they either think it's a scam or they dont care enough about the community to bother doing anything but make posts about how much they feel ripped off.
makes sense. they bought a device promising to be the most powerful handheld in the world from a group they've never heard of and it didn't arrive, and now they've had to refund everybody due to their bank being suspicious of fraud on their part. who else would order again for the same product than people with personal trust in craigs shop or the community?

personally i'm just a tad pissed off at how i can't use my credit or debit card. why are the guys using a normal bank account for this? can't they arrange something with the banks similiar to the launch of any other commercial console?

Chip said:
No, there's still quite a few emails to go out.

You do not need to wait for the email, however. All the information you need to do a bank transfer or send a check or MO is here. We can figure out your shipping details from your order number, but including your email and shipping addresses wouldn't hurt.
So those that don't check the forum or blog daily and haven't had an email won't even get 7 days before the deadline?

prairiefire said:
So say that I trust the OpenPandora crew and place my bank transfer. What happens if the Pandora doesn't pass FCC approval? Is the project screwed and am I out of money?
Very probable, especially if they have already spent the cash on production. I don't think your scenario is likely, but it is a risk.

TaG said:
prairiefire said:
So say that I trust the OpenPandora crew and place my bank transfer. What happens if the Pandora doesn't pass FCC approval? Is the project screwed and am I out of money?
Very probable, especially if they have already spent the cash on production. I don't think your scenario is likely, but it is a risk.

I don't know that FCC approval is actually required if the device is sold outside the US - it would still have to pass whatever the UK standards would be, but I don't think devices brought into the US from outside are held to the same standards (or every product made anywhere would have to be tested just in case they would be imported into the US).

edit: confirmed by Chip

are they really being "imported" into the US if they're mostly being manufactured in the US?

WizardStan said:
are they really being "imported" into the US if they're mostly being manufactured in the US?
That's what I'm wondering too. Since FCC testing was already on the 'to do list' and now it's vaguely 'optional', I hope they have solid advice in writing that the approval isn't needed, otherwise things could get ugly.

To sell a device in the US you need FCC approval. However, the Pandora is not being sold but is being imported. Take Nokia for example. They could sell a phone from a EU country and ship it to joe bloggs in the us without FCC. but need to have the FCC approval to allow us retailers (includes online stores US registered office) to be able to sell a phone. OpenPandora is a UK ltd company so can sell thrpugh its uk reg online stores and ship to the us. Cant ship in uk or eu withoit ce mark though as uk comes under eu rulings.

We're still doing FCC testing, but if it takes longer than manufacturing, we're not going to hold up the first batch waiting for it.

Chip said:
We're still doing FCC testing, but if it takes longer than manufacturing, we're not going to hold up the first batch waiting for it.
So the assumption is that there will be no flaws with the design? Is there a backup plan, just in case it doesn't pass?

WizardStan said:
So the assumption is that there will be no flaws with the design? Is there a backup plan, just in case it doesn't pass?
There is nothing in the design that will not pass, though it may take more than one round through the tests due to paperwork and whatnot. All components are off-the-shelf and certified by themselves. Testing is really just a formality.

http://www.agiletestgroup.com/site/whyus.html

According to this place testing can apparently be done in mere days. Over all though I'd assume that as long as the Pandora hasnt going into wide production yet that the first batch can be sent out even if there was a problem, And if there was a problem chances are it wouldnt be a hardware issue (assuming the LiPo battery dosent become a stick of C4 after the first time you accidentally drop it.)

Back