Re-release The Atari Lynx

CU_AMiGA

Website
Visit site
Hello

Wouldn't it be great if the Atari Lynx got re-released with one or two improvements. Made smaller, improved screen, much better battery life and less batteries used. The carts wouldn't need to be redesigned, as they were so ahead of its time, they are small enough for todays standards. If the Lynx was released at a competitive price, and maybe a few features added (like mp3 playback), it maybe a sucess! :) I think a similar sort of act happened to the Game Gear in the USA a few years ago.

Regards,

A few years back when the GBA was still fresh maybe, but I can't see this happening now handhelds are moving into genuine 3D graphics with the DS and PSP. On the other hand, I'm sure collectors would snap up units if they were made available for a cheap enough price, as Game did a while back. No need for a redesign.

Mark posted on Mar 16 2005 at 01:29 PM said:
The UK did actually see a sort of re-release.

Loads of old Jaguar's and Lynx's were found, and Game sold them for £10 and £30 one Christmas.

I remember that! Good times, good times...

Last edited by a moderator:
no, it definately wouldn't be a success.
the kids today want 3D handhelds and they aren't interested in small games, like the ones the lynx had.
the only customers were retro guys like us.

Back