Re-Teaching Myself Guitar

Nova

Is that a Caanoo in your pocket or are you just ha
Website
Visit site
Hey guys.

Back when I was 14-15 or so, I had guitar lessons. I wasn't amazing at it, but that's because I had little motivation, and practiced very little. Mainly because around that age, I discovered an instrument I preferred playing with a lot more ;)

Now I'm approaching 20, with very few skills under my belt, I feel like I should pick up my Squier again and start to teach myself. It's a bit overwhelming though, and I have no idea where to start. Are there any guitarists in the house who can recommend good resources to help me learn again? I have a few books, but they are quite dull and never hold my interest.

Thanks in advance,

Your Pal,

Nova.

The Guitar Grimoire series is excellant, try those. If you can't find those then any decent book on scales and/or chords will help. They do have educational videos on this so maybe something like that would hold your interest more. And of course there's always lessons again but you HAVE to find the right teacher for you. If you can do that then that's definately the best way to go.

Then there is equipment. Playing on lousy equipment will definately have you losing interest in no time.
I recommend;
Guitar- Ibanez, Esp(not LTD), Gibson, Samick(Acoustic)
Amp- Crate, Line 6, Mesa Boogie

Of course, my recommendations are subjective, depending on what kind of music you're playing. And naturally some names are more expensive than others but you get what you pay for!

Hope any of this helps!!!

If you remember anything - Just start with online/magazine TABS..

Start with BATMAN theme!!

I have a guitar around somewhere. I have a Black Jackson!

Looks VERY similar to this:
d19d1d8d710b59e4e371dea1faf5b200.jpg

I play a Squier. I have no problem with it. The major thing to remember is you can't run the guitar volume on 10 when you're playing on a solid state amp. I would recommend finding other people to play guitar. It makes it more enjoyable than playing alone in your room. In my town, there are groups who meet at a local bar and play different types of music (folk rock, celtic, etc.). That's a good way to go if you want to practice chords for a while.

Back