!reader For Gp32 (v 0.83)

Marco Giorgini

Certified Guru
Website
www.kultvirtualpress.com
I don't know if I can bore you with any major beta version - but I try :)

!Reader v.0.83 differences
- Recent files list (that runs at start-up if it exists) to go back to the last (till) 12 opened files in the same position in which user closed them
- added basic htm support (now it opens (ANSI) txt/rtf/htm and AportisDoc
- added color support (for RTF only)
- browse for next/previous pagebreak (in RTF files)
- all support files (cfg and mrf) are in a folder called !reader under gpmm (for a quicker and easier delete of the program)
- bug fixing (someone experienced random crashes - and now this thing should be over)

This is still not the final version - so feel free to skip this message.

Click here to go to the page (sorry, as usual, in italian language) where you can find info and the download link.

Cool, I think I'll try this out as soon as I can get my SMC dumped and reloaded. I was using the windups reader but it was not fun and was way more limited than I hoped for. Now if only there the option of hooking the gamepark right to a printer so that you can download, move, and print on demand. =\

A great program, I've been reading quite a bit of texts with the 1st release of your reader. I am very pleased by the interface and it's ease of use. It looks and functions very professional.

html support... drool...

Many thanks for this - now I'll be able to view some mirrored pages that always looked a tad off (on account of having tags littered through them in Lazyreader or GPFM). And without having to boot up GPLinux!

Been waiting for an HTML compatible viewer for the last year or so lol...

Great work you´re doing! ;)

Could you do a multilenguaje program?

I can help you to the translation to spanish if you want :rolleyes:

will be fantastic to know how much pages has the book and the number of the page you´re reading, something like (46/178).

Sounds great! But how far will html-support go? Will pictures be desplayed? How about Frames? How would links work? Javascript, CSS? I'm really excited about that ;)

Mosch posted on Oct 5 2004 at 12:09 PM said:
Sounds great! But how far will html-support go? Will pictures be desplayed? How about Frames? How would links work? Javascript, CSS? I'm really excited about that ;)
nope :) - !reader main goal is to show texts - and so no frame or java or CSS will never be supported (as far as I think now). But yes, images, are in my wish list (when everything else is finished) because I want to add other file formats that have them too.

As I wrote is a quite basic html support - just to not have to convert text already in this format - and to start writing code for other formats :) so don't download my prog if you need a browser-like app

Last edited by a moderator:
Dwarf posted on Oct 5 2004 at 12:01 PM said:

I can help you to the translation to spanish if you want :rolleyes:

will be fantastic to know how much pages has the book and the number of the page you´re reading, something like (46/178).

multilanguage support can be a good idea - if you don't mind to send me translated items I'll add this thing in one of the next beta releases (soon).

I'll think about pages count.

Thanks for your support

I don't know if I can bore you with any major beta version - but I try :)
Guyz like Spam Fisher doesn't hesitate to for nothing, so you can open a new thread without being flamed I think. :lol:

Good work. :)

Marco Giorgini posted on Oct 5 2004 at 11:28 AM said:

I can help you to the translation to spanish if you want  :rolleyes:

multilanguage support can be a good idea - if you don't mind to send me translated items I'll add this thing in one of the next beta releases (soon).

Thanks for your support

I´ll send you it today ;)

superlefax posted on Oct 5 2004 at 04:44 PM said:
At how many MHz runs this program??

I did not change the CPU speed - and if I got it right (but I'm not so sure) it means that's running at the default speed that's 66. Useless (in my opinion) pump it more. If I'm wrong with this thing please correct me.

Marco Giorgini posted on Oct 5 2004 at 10:28 AM said:

I can help you to the translation to spanish if you want  :rolleyes:

Thanks for your support

Or just make separate versions for each language. This way you won't have to mess with the menu to change it. Plus adding alot of languages into one version would make it bigger.

I love the recent files feature and I use it a lot with my zipped up rtf's :D I hope you add support for images inside rtf, but am personally not too fussed about html support.

Also I had a thought while I was using it that when it is scrolling automatically how about using the L & R buttons to nudge the speed faster or slower, as it's hard to get the speed right with just the up/down control. This would add extra polish if it's not too hard to implement..

Lastly I look forward to the inclusion of bookmarks as they would be dead useful for reference docs

Keep it up, you're doing a sterling job

Marco - when you open a large (1Mb) document in !reader, it takes about 15 seconds.
Would this be quicker if you increased the CPU speed ?

I disagree with frolik on the use of the left and right shoulder buttons. I think it would be better to use these for page up and down - if that's possible, and keep the scroll speed where it is.

I love the new features in 0.83 - thanks again for a great program.

hmm, I don't think page up and down would be any use while it is autoscrolling, I still like my idea...

as for increasing the cpu speed I'm happy to wait a bit longer at load time and have the batteries last longer at 66Mhz, maybe if it was clocked down again after loading though...

reeced posted on Oct 6 2004 at 12:43 PM said:
Marco - when you open a large (1Mb) document in !reader, it takes about 15 seconds.
Would this be quicker if you increased the CPU speed ?

I disagree with frolik on the use of the left and right shoulder buttons. I think it would be better to use these for page up and down - if that's possible, and keep the scroll speed where it is.

I love the new features in 0.83 - thanks again for a great program.
just to know - which kind of document? TXT / PDB / RTF or HTML? I'll have to optimize some code - and maybe I can have this thing faster even without modifying cpu speed. Indeed 15 seconds seems to me too much...
About changing cpu speed on the run - mmh - maybe it's possible - even if i prefer don't tweak on it - yes - for battery life :p

Marco - the document that took 15 secs to load was a 1Mb PDB.
frolik - I'm not suggesting that you do page up and down whilst autoscrolling. I'm suggesting that the left and right shoulder buttons be used for page up and down. This is a common feature with Palm readers, and it also offers an alternative way of reading ie page by page rather than autoscroll. It's also a quick way of checking where you are in a document.

Back