!reader For Gp32 (v 0.83)

Marco, bear in mind that there's been quite a lot of fiddling on the file loading front. A lot of programs that run at well below 133MHz up their CPU speed just to read or write from the SMC, then turn it back down later. It can be remarkably efficient, and bearing in mind the ammount of time spent loading, doesn't exactly affect battery life.

Thanks again for a great proggy :)

Tobriand posted on Oct 7 2004 at 08:39 AM said:
Marco, bear in mind that there's been quite a lot of fiddling on the file loading front. A lot of programs that run at well below 133MHz up their CPU speed just to read or write from the SMC, then turn it back down later. It can be remarkably efficient, and bearing in mind the ammount of time spent loading, doesn't exactly affect battery life.

Thanks again for a great proggy :)

good to know it - thanks :) - I'll update this thing too in the next (quick) release.

Last edited by a moderator:
reeced posted on Oct 6 2004 at 07:13 PM said:
frolik - I'm not suggesting that you do page up and down whilst autoscrolling. I'm suggesting that the left and right shoulder buttons be used for page up and down.

frolik - my apologies.
When I wrote this I didn't realise that joypad left and right gives you page up and down.
In which case using shoulder buttons for speed control seems OK to me.

really great reader, yet there are still 2 things that keep me from removing lazy reader from my smc:
- enhanced autoscrolling: in lazyread its so, that if you push the cursor up, the scrolling goes slower, and if u push down it scrolls faster! can you implement this cool feature also?
- mod music in bg: well, it would be cool if you could select MOD music files to be played in the background while reading smth =)

Wolfsclaw posted on Oct 7 2004 at 02:11 PM said:
really great reader, yet there are still 2 things that keep me from removing lazy reader from my smc:
- enhanced autoscrolling: in lazyread its so, that if you push the cursor up, the scrolling goes slower, and if u push down it scrolls faster! can you implement this cool feature also?
- mod music in bg: well, it would be cool if you could select MOD music files to be played in the background while reading smth =)

Hello - no MOD playing in my plans for this program, sorry - but the speed of autoscrolling is actually changeble - but for my prog up means slower down faster. Surely I have to improve this thing a bit - but as far as I know it works (I use it) - if it doesn't on your machine, please warn me.

Thx :)

Wolfsclaw posted on Oct 7 2004 at 02:43 PM said:
o_O i didnt notice a huge speed improvement at all, but i'll look into it once again later =)

maybe I got it - I use this things to SLOW down to ease reading - not to SPEED UP (more you keep pressing more it changes). So you're trying to make it scroll faster, aren't you? ok - yes - it's not possible to make it autoscroll faster than normal speed. Sorry :p

Back