Readme File

Do you read the readme files that devs generously provide with apps and emus?

• Yes I spend a few moments skimming through it before trying to set something up or running it just t

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I set the app up and then if things don't work I check out the readme

• I randomly throw the files on my SD card and then just post a new thread on gp32x asking people why

• the readwhatnow?

• I like crispy bacon

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parkydr said:
I randomly throw the files on my SD card and then just post a new thread on gp32x asking people why it doesn't work
Only 1 vote? The contents of 90% of these forums would suggest a few more :)

I think that 90% are all topics started by the same person :rolleyes:

I actually like reading readmes. On PSP a lot of the programs don't even HAVE readmes, and that always really disappoints me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say I can install and use 95% of games/emulators without reading a readme file. Only if I run into problems, then I rtfm.
Readme files are very easy to read in gmenu2x btw, you will see a small "Y" sign blinking next to an icon. Push the "Y" button to read it.
It is very convenient so sometimes when I feel like it, I read a readme before starting an emulator or game.

This poll is just mean.. I voted "I set the app up and then if things don't work I check out the readme" but I also like crispy bacon :( :'(

And to be honest, most readmes are crap.. When you bought a 2X, did you read the manual before turning it on? As for most devices and software, there's no reason reading it, and if people would use standards, there would even be less reason to read a readme, because things would be even more obvious. (Not that I'm saying you shouldn't write readmes anymore).

And when reading a readme, i think most people skip al the blahblahblah and go straight to set-up/installation..

Always. I read the manual of all my synths, too. I'm sad that way :)

PokeParadox said:
And someone has tampered with the votes :-||
I just noticed that myself. Sigh. I suppose this is one of those "vote or we vote for you" polls, and it's qassumed the people who don't read the readmes won't tell us!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back