Rebuilding the actual HF6's kernel.

Something is messed in your tree, try "git reset --hard origin" before checkout command.

BTW, do you really want to build that old 2.6.27 kernel? For 3.2 you should use the pandora-3.2 branch.

BTW, do you really want to build that old 2.6.27 kernel? For 3.2 you should use the pandora-3.2 branch.
Thanks for pointing this out! I suspected something something like that, but since git is a black box to me I followed wiki instructions to the letter.

Hi, I have another question.

While building the kernel, I get lots of

warning: pid_alive declared inline after being called

There is a known and obvious fix for this, which consists in declaring the said function inline. Is there a reason why this wasn't applied to pandora kernel? Or did I miss some important steps in the cloning/patching/etc which leads to this warning and potentially to more serious flaws I will discover later on?

The problem doesn't show up for me, probably it depends on a compiler you use.

Anyway, patch applied.

I guess you use some of the more recent gcc, I'll take an opportunity to warn you that GCC versions 4.8.[012] and 4.9.0 generate bad code when compiling the kernel.

Thanks!

I actually use the native GCC 4.3.6, and I already managed to build a kernel which boots nicely. My plan is to release a PND which makes it easy for an average user to build a custom kernel, provided he has broadband data connection and enough space on an EXT-formatted SD card.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another quick question. I don't see SGX driver building instructions anywhere on the wiki, and now I'm missing pvrsrvkm.ko.

I have cloned sgx.git, but its contents don't seem to build with the usual command:

make ARCH=arm KLIB=../pandora-kernel KLIB_BUILD=../pandora-kernel
make -C pvr all
make[1]: Entering directory '/blabla/pandora-sgx/pvr'
make -C  M=`pwd` 
make[2]: Entering directory '/blabla/pandora-sgx/pvr'
make[2]: *** M=/blabla/pandora-sgx/pvr: No such file or directory.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory '/blabla/pandora-sgx/pvr'
Makefile:37: recipe for target 'all' failed
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/blabla/pandora-sgx/pvr'
Makefile:6: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

What am I missing? Should I somehow include these files inside pandora-kernel and enable the drivers via menuconfig?

SGX should be built out of the tree, after checking out the branch you need:

Code:
git checkout 1.6.16.3977
make ARCH=arm KERNELDIR=/where_kernel_is

I have another one. The wiki page says that all patches are already applied to the pandora-kernel. Does that mean I don't have to clone pandora-oe-environment.git and run ./initial-setup.sh? If I have to, can you please explain what exactly from this repo is used when building the kernel? Does make defconfig in pandora-kernel somehow reference this repo (I doubt it!)?

BTW, I plan to release my kernel building PND sometime soon.

OE is just used to build the old 2.6 kernel, so you only need OE (which is set up by pandora-oe-environment.git) for that. 3.2 is standalone, except SGX, some wifi stick drivers and c64_tools I think. I guess nobody use 2.6 kernel these days, it only boots on CC and rebirth anyway.

(not sure it's that's what you have been asking here..)

Back