Received My "hard Cover Screen Protectors"

DBH

Website
nicholas.piresonline.com
I ordered two of these before the shop went belly up and got them this morning, arrived in a jiffy bag and all, anyways I went to check them and find both are scratched up like a mofo :angry:

Whats the point in having a screen protector to put on your screen when it looks like someone took a pin to it so my question beggons is there any scratch removing solutions etc that any of you guys have used that I can try on these things?? Is Displex any good? These scratches are anything but superficial quite pissed off actually that they'd send something that looks like its been rubbed across a workshop floor.

DBH posted on Aug 1 2006 at 05:37 AM said:
I ordered two of these before the shop went belly up and got them this morning, arrived in a jiffy bag and all, anyways I went to check them and find both are scratched up like a mofo :angry:

Whats the point in having a screen protector to put on your screen when it looks like someone took a pin to it so my question beggons is there any scratch removing solutions etc that any of you guys have used that I can try on these things?? Is Displex any good? These scratches are anything but superficial quite pissed off actually that they'd send something that looks like its been rubbed across a workshop floor.

GP32Z is dead?! Dammit. So much for the warranty.

As for your screen covers... do the ones they ship have the plastic membranes on them? Could those be whats scrathed up? If not, you might try your local eye doctor's office. Some sell a "scratch repair" kit for eyeglasses which may work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will check for platic cover! Appears to be none but knowing me there is probably one there, the thing is literally like credit card plastic thickness pretty happy that its an extact fit for the GP2X screen just annoyed its scratched up.

EDIT: Yep just me being a dumbass there was a plastic cover but its put on so well you cant even tell its there even better placed than the GP2X one that it arrived with. :blink: I can stop fretting now :p

hahaha. so many people dont see that... i dont get it, didnt it have even a tiny bubble on it that gave it away? and the texture of it?

Paradox posted on Aug 1 2006 at 04:43 AM said:
hahaha. so many people dont see that... i dont get it, didnt it have even a tiny bubble on it that gave it away? and the texture of it?
It is literally so hard to see the screen "shipping protector" that came on the MK1 that people will not believe it is there.

I have had to argue the point 2 or 3 times, even resorting to the large font. It is funny to get so worked up about it, and then when they finally believe you they don't even apologize for being so stubborn :) oh well, at least the MK2 users didn't have anything like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
my hard screen protector that I got from gp32z.com also came all scratched up. i never checked for the plastic cover, but just assumed that is what is scratched from reading forum posts here.

Ive never heard of screens actually comming scratched. Ive heard people claim that, then realize there is a film..I would check again.

Back