Red Eye Removal Software

Ian J

Advanced Member
Can anyone recommend a free tool for red eye removal?

I like Irfanview (windows, but works under wine too). However, red-eye reduction requires you to select the eyes manually, making batch conversion impossible. Other tools have automatic facial recognition and process automatically... but are not free...

https://www.youtube.com/embed/I14A1hzz6TQ?feature=oembed

I like Irfanview
I use Irfanview as my default image viewer but the redeye removal isn't too good, on the images I have.

Picasa has a tool just for that
Picassa did a really nice job but it changed all the default file association settings I had set which I told it not to when installing Grrrrrrr. :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Picassa did a really nice job but it changed all the default file opening settings I had set which I told it not to when installing Grrrrrrr. :angry:
The power and the burden of Google's tools !! LOL :p

Yeah, it did the job though so many thanks for the recommendation.

I just had a few files that my regular software (PSP 9) just couldn't make the best of so I've uninstalled Picassa now and set all my file associations back.

so Paint Shop Pro is still alive, I remember the wonders of the FIRST version !! :D It was the first graphic editor I have seen with cool tools like chalks, pencils and spray cans that actually worked as the real things !!

I think PSP is up to version X13 or something but PSP9 is my go to program.

Deluxe paint on the Amiga blew me away, the ability to mask out colours and replace them was amazing for the day.

Never had the pleasure to use an Amiga, but seems like that most of the good things in the PC world came from that platform

Back