red stripes on the screen

spn-x

Yesterday evening I noticed that there is something wrong with my LCD screen...

It has these weird red stripes.. When I open/close the lid the whole screen goes red/ more red stripes appear.

here are 2 photos from minimenu where u can see what I mean with "red stripes"

it seems that the whole screen went kind of red.

lp5gzcmk.png

another one :

x47j7nfg.png

Last edited by a moderator:
How old is your Pandora?

I ask because earlier units had LCD cables that are now known to be defective, and which will inevitably break and cause weird display issues in this vein.

Hm, I don't know whe exactly, because I bought it from "Cloudand" ( from the german gp2x forum) ... but he wrote a review in 2011 so maybe it's to too old..

hm, I think I'll ask ED about that...

btw.: I think that issue is there for a much longer time then yesterday.. but in the past I just thought "hm, looks a bit different then the second before.." but never had these weird red parts .. and now it's changing colors all the time

edit.: some people in this thread (http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/8497-repairs-send-them-now-or-wait/) have the same problem .. and they all ship it back to ED.. so I think thats what I'll also do

Last edited by a moderator:
I had something like this, too, where some pixels went straight red.

ED said it was a fault at the lcdcablecomnnector, which he was able to fix.

I'll probably wait till he has implemented the upgrade option in his shop.

btw.: how much will the ram upgrade cost ?

You can't just upgrade the RAM, you'll have to upgrade the entire PCB to a ReBirth Edition (512MB RAM) or a 1GHz Pandora (newer SOC with 512MB RAM).

I don't know the pricing ED'll be asking.

You can't just upgrade the RAM, you'll have to upgrade the entire PCB to a ReBirth Edition (512MB RAM) or a 1GHz Pandora (newer SOC with 512MB RAM).

I don't know the pricing ED'll be asking.

I already asked ED, he said I'd be 150 €.

Back