GP32 Remake Of A Couple Games.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This thread is funny as hell, you couldn`t really think Half-Life 2 running to fast on a 166 mhz machine, could you?

Sorry to get your hopes up :D

Oh, and I vote this for LOL! files!

To be fair, what was asked for was a remake... it is, I suppose, conceivable, that a team could be got together to build a 2D version of something a little like B/W (never heard of the other one), although I of course recognise that this is insanely unlikely.

Not entirely impossible though.

Although considering B/W was fairly similar to Populous at least in theme if not in graphical splendour, and certainly Populous 1 (and I think 2) are emulated on several consoles, the question should be asked as to why bother? Apart of course from the coolness factor of having made a remake of course.

Well, he asked for someone getting the original source code and making the games in 3D... not 2D remakes... ports.

But what source code I do want is for Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel for the Gameboy color.

Omars,

Not completely sure what you want. But you cannot get the source code for MGS on any platform just by looking for it on the internet. It's not like finding a ROM image. Do you understand what source code is? To get source code for MGS you'd have to break into Konami's headquarters, find where they keep the source code for MGS games and steal it.

And you mean 2 GigaBYTES, not bits. 2 Gigabits = 256MBytes only. 1 Byte = 8 bits.

iignotus posted on Aug 26 2005 at 06:53 PM said:
loki666 posted on Aug 26 2005 at 11:00 AM said:
hehe, okay was a bit hard on this one...
but at least you've learned somthing. actula gp32 power is more or less equals to an old 386 running @ 133Mhz.

i was really thinking you were joking... even if you didnt know of gp32 power, the size of SMC is another clue.
how could you fit a game like Black&With,HL2 or Doom3 in 128Mb?
GP32 is a little faster than that, especially considering it's ARM and not x86. Also, SMC cards should be available in sizes up to 1GB iirc.

Nope. SMC cards for GP32 can only go up to 128MB (MegaBytes). That's equal to 1Gb (Gigabit), but remember 1 Byte = 8 bits.

SD cards, which GPX2 will use, are available in much larger capacities. A 1GB (GigaBYTE) SD is only $50 now, and 2GB SD's are becoming closer to $100.

So a 1GB SD card for GPX2 could hold as much as 8 128MB SMC's!

Last edited by a moderator:
Prophet posted on Sep 1 2005 at 04:00 AM said:
iignotus posted on Aug 26 2005 at 06:53 PM said:
loki666 posted on Aug 26 2005 at 11:00 AM said:
hehe, okay was a bit hard on this one...
but at least you've learned somthing. actula gp32 power is more or less equals to an old 386 running @ 133Mhz.

i was really thinking you were joking... even if you didnt know of gp32 power, the size of SMC is another clue.
how could you fit a game like Black&With,HL2 or Doom3 in 128Mb?
GP32 is a little faster than that, especially considering it's ARM and not x86. Also, SMC cards should be available in sizes up to 1GB iirc.

Nope. SMC cards for GP32 can only go up to 128MB (MegaBytes). That's equal to 1Gb (Gigabit), but remember 1 Byte = 8 bits.

SD cards, which GPX2 will use, are available in much larger capacities. A 1GB (GigaBYTE) SD is only $50 now, and 2GB SD's are becoming closer to $100.

So a 1GB SD card for GPX2 could hold as much as 8 128MB SMC's!
lol I know 1B = 8b :lol: I just actually thought they went up to 8Gb at the moment. Must've been confusing them with my precious SD's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Armagetron (armagetron.sourceforge.net) would be a real nice game to be ported especially if you could do multiplayer with the rf link. I just dont know how to port :(

Back