Does Anybody Here Like Mgs???

OMars, stop the exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and if you're going to tell people to stop talking about Bush, don't do it yourself.

deadlychicken, if you want to talk about Bush (again), make another thread. This one is about MGS.

On that subject: I absolutely adore MGS even though I don't like stealth games in general. Well, it's the stealth kills that I enjoy, and the over the top cinematics and boss fights. Twin Snakes for Gamecube really does take that cinematic thing to the next level. Although I am yet to play MGS3, I really suggest the Game Boy Colour version of MGS because it's suprisingly playable and fun. And yes, there are a lot of VR missions. I got a lot of play time out of that game. If only I could find it again... :S

Firefly are you mocking me? :huh:

And please answer my question(not deadlychicken), is anybody willing to take up the challenge of remaking MGS for the GBC on the GPX2(GP2X)?

P.S. Please..... :(

isn't there a "Cool Ideas and other wishes" board for this? I think that is where you would want to post this since it is gp32/gpx2 related (off topic is for stuff that doesn't fit elsewhere). I would actually love one, but my guess is that fGB32 f-day for the gp2x will emulate the game fine and there will be no need.... Anyways, good luck, sorry about the hard words, some things just really piss me off (terrible political arguments, hipocrits*, etc......)

*I know that I fall under this catagory sometimes and that I should lighten up on other people but its hard.....sorry.

MGS3 is dry due to voices are not Russian sounding. MGS 1 (not the Gamecube remake :angry: ) and MGS2 are great cause the voice acting is pretty good which makes the overall game feel just a bit more cooler.

Graphics are great in all the games blah blah blah.

Still not sure which is the best though. I would say MGS 2 but MGS 1 was 'special' and a 'classic'. Not sure if anyone else understands my point but meh.. :unsure:

Me and my friend had a shot at porting part of the tanker level of MGS2 for the GBA and found it extremely difficult for two (relatively) beginner programmers to do. At the end, we *just* about got the radar going and abandoned the project (mainly due because it needed to be handed in). And since neither of us were graphics artists, it didn't look great either....

Ksmiler posted on Sep 3 2005 at 12:50 AM said:
Graphics are great in all the games blah blah blah.

I don't know why but I loved the blur effects in the cut scenes (and there are plenty of cut scenes in the MGS series), it just added to the overall atmosphere. Ah, you'll know the blur thing if you've played the game for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
yaustar posted on Sep 3 2005 at 05:32 AM said:
Me and my friend had a shot at porting part of the tanker level of MGS2 for the GBA and found it extremely difficult for two (relatively) beginner programmers to do. At the end, we *just* about got the radar going and abandoned the project (mainly due because it needed to be handed in). And since neither of us were graphics artists, it didn't look great either....

Yaustar you actually made that one, will you consider restarting work on it(I can draw pretty good..... :D ). Or could you send me the source? :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back