RPG'S

Vavalgia

Still Fresh
Hi peeps im new here but i do have some ideas even though i do not own a gp32 yet but i will soon i hope.

any way the title of this topic should more or less explain everything i am like many others an RPG fan and the biggest hate i have with handhelds is the low amount of rpg genre games ok there is Golden sun for the GBA but apart from that i cant remeber any other RPG's so i propose that some geneus out there makes a few RPG'S compatible with the GP32.

Please post what RPG'S you wouldnt mind seeing here.

my self i want

Final Fantasy hopefully 7 hmmm very unlikely but possible.

Chrono trigger + Cross maybe :)

Tales of phanatsia and a couple of others.

All the best.

Vav.

Are you talking about ports, remakes, or emulation of the systems they run on?

e.g. Tales of Phantasia and Chrono Trigger are on SNES, so hopefully we'll get them at some stage anyway (although ToP is > 4Mb which is the current max rom size). CT already runs OK without music. I'm waiting for it with before I play it, myself.

Remakes would, of course, be nice, but would take a LOT of work. Then again, there's a few people tackling other remakes, so might be doable...

PSX emu ain't ever going to happen. Don't even dream about it - you might start to think it possible. But it isn't. Trust me here.

That said, a remake of FF7 would be possible, although possibly not CC, as it does use some decent textures in game; FF7 doesn't use all that many of them (except the eyes) - just blocks of colour. Which is doable, if someone ripped the backgrounds.
But that's only in principle; it ain't going to happen unless Square suddenly takes an interest in our favourite console. In a positive way, at least. Its too much work for a non-commercial amateur thing (which it would have to be, else sued in 5 minutes).

You could just settle for ff1 and dw for now. :p
I hope ct runs full speed with low frame skip sometime in the near future, its one of my favorites.

I know the guy who is remaking the ff7 pc version, he stopped since hes at college i think. I doubt it will ever get done. I was supposed to make a dls for it too but I did get done with that though....

Actually ripping the backrounds in FF7 isn't the hard bit...there aren't actually that many. I have the international version and it allows you to view every CG background of the game on the fourth disc and really in comparison to the amount of coding that the game will reqiure there's not much to do in that sector. Its my favourite game ever and I love it too pieces but if you think back to it and wipe away the love clouds that surround it you can see that it isn't that long or big a game, just lots of travelling back and foward.

Ah, I don't want any ports of RPGs, I can play them on the original machine or on an emulator...

What would be better is if we get our own good RPGs! :)

Mofokubik posted on Jul 15 2003 said:
how about a port of rpg maker, or a mod of it so it makes rpgs for gp32
Now I'm no coder (he says as he downloads a new C compiler) but surely RPGmaker would be possible. Ok so you'd have to rely on Ram to SMC writing constantly, but other than that I can't see any hurdles.

Anyhoo Mofokubik could you please give the person you know who was doing the FF7 remake to forget education and start makin' again. With FF7 on the GP32 who would need to get a job or a life for that matter, you could just beg for money for batteries, and then buy the special in the Sushi house in wall market........ :p

Last edited by a moderator:
hey twimfy! is there any way that you could send me those backgrounds? :huh: my pc version doesn't have that feature <_< . and about how big would the file be?

Back