Reorders And Amex Users

Tokyorob

Still Fresh
Just got my reorder form/request yesterday ... Great whats the problem ?
Well I paid the first time with AMEX and haven't got a refund yet

What the deal with AMEX .. I do want craigX to get the cash but at the moment I'm out of pocket and being asked to shell out another 197UKP

I have emailed them but so far no reply :(

Rob

Probably you need to contact Amex to cancel the first order, and tell them to get your money back. You can use the example explanation letter from this thread: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=45942&hl=

(I thought that the email included an example explanation letter??)

When Amex gives your money back, then you can pay again. So you are not paying another $197. Oh man, I hope that there isn't a single person who loses ca. $200 due to Amex cheating on them.

Last edited by a moderator:
cosurgi said:
Probably you need to contact Amex to cancel the first order, and tell them to get your money back. You can use the example explanation letter from this thread: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=45942&hl=

(I thought that the email included an example explanation letter??)

When Amex gives your money back, then you can pay again. So you are not paying another $197. Oh man, I hope that there isn't a single person who loses ca. $200 due to Amex cheating on them.

It's not Amex that is cheating us. It's the bank.

-God Ginrai

I have already spoke to AMEX and I was told that it was too late to file a charge back so I'm basically stuck :angry:

Rob

I've been rocked back and forth with this crazy amex problem.
1. Happy my payment went through for the preorder.
2. Sad that refunds had to be done but then can't be done.
3. Happy to hear something as solid as do the chargeback.
4. Sad to hear that Amex requires a personal letter in addition to 6-8 weeks of investigating.
5. Happy to hear Chip say that:
Chip said:
We are meeting with the bank this week to fix the Amex situation. They cannot simply sit on the money forever, and we're not accepting any more of their stall tactics. If the bank simply refuses to rectify the situation, there is a backup plan. Anybody who paid for a Pandora will get one, no matter what the bank does. One way or another, this situation will be remedied this week.
6. Sad to not see anything resolved within that week.
7. Happy to hear Craig say on the front page "We know you didn't get your money back yet (we're having another meeting with the bank in the near future), however, we assure you that EVERYBODY WHO ORDERED AND PAID will get a Pandora, even if you didn't get the chance to reorder yet!"

In summary, since Craig says they'll have another meeting with Amex and is generous enough to still send us the Pandora even without our reordering yet should be enough to keep us happy. :)

gmhuntr7 said:
I've been rocked back and forth with this crazy amex problem.
1. Happy my payment went through for the preorder.
2. Sad that refunds had to be done but then can't be done.
3. Happy to hear something as solid as do the chargeback.
4. Sad to hear that Amex requires a personal letter in addition to 6-8 weeks of investigating.
5. Happy to hear Chip say that:
Chip said:
We are meeting with the bank this week to fix the Amex situation. They cannot simply sit on the money forever, and we're not accepting any more of their stall tactics. If the bank simply refuses to rectify the situation, there is a backup plan. Anybody who paid for a Pandora will get one, no matter what the bank does. One way or another, this situation will be remedied this week.
6. Sad to not see anything resolved within that week.
7. Happy to hear Craig say on the front page "We know you didn't get your money back yet (we're having another meeting with the bank in the near future), however, we assure you that EVERYBODY WHO ORDERED AND PAID will get a Pandora, even if you didn't get the chance to reorder yet!"

In summary, since Craig says they'll have another meeting with Amex and is generous enough to still send us the Pandora even without our reordering yet should be enough to keep us happy. :)

correction: Another meeting with the bank. The bank and Amex are not synonymous. It's the banks fault, and that's why they are trying to have a meeting with the bank.

-God Ginrai

Oh right the bank. I just keep thinking Amex since that's all I can really communicate with sorta.

Back