Release [Repo] UAE4ARM

TomB

Very Active Member
Here you find the first release version of UAE4ARM, a new Amiga Emulator based on UAE4ALL.

The main differences to UAE4ALL:
 - Different 68000 core (newcpu instead of FAME/C) with support for 32 bit addressing mode
 - Support for 68030 and 68040 cpus
 - FPU (68881, 68882 and internal 68040)
 - JIT
 - Autodetect Amiga ROMs
 - Up to 5 HDDs
 - Lot of new audio options
 - Picasso96
 - GUI

Note:
You can use your configuration files from UAE4ALL in UAE4ARM, but not your savestates.

Docs:
 View attachment Readme_Pandora.txt
Source:
 View attachment uae4arm_src.zip

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks TomB for all the work!
Like Michoko said i must find time to try this on my CC Pandora.

Brilliant TomB. I was wondering what was going on with UAE4ALL :)   Download at work is imminent !  

Thanks again for you continued support. Hope we can count on you for a version on the Pyra ;)

I have tried it - at default setting sound was cracking and slow (game: wings of death). A lot of settings to play with (overclocking , sound etc) - so currently checking what will be the best setting for general use.
JIT didn't really help - overclocking to 800 Mhz did help - JIT and frameskip didn't seem to improve it. Kickstarter rom 1.3
After overclocking gameplay was fine and sound was ok but sound did still slows down sometimes (doesn’t appear to affect gameplay)

Any changes since the last beta version?

The cycle count for 68000 opcodes are corrected, added option to disable fast copper, fixed handling of switching between configs with and without HDs and some minor changes.

we had slow sound with the last beta I think..

The slowdown of sound isn't fixed now. I wasn't able to find the reason for this problem till now. Hope to get this fixed soon.

Also, Picasso96 has some problems when using JIT. Without JIT, all my tests looked fine.

I have played around with a WHDload pack. I extacted it and used add directery to link it to UAE4ARM. After reset I booted into amigados. Tried C: -> error code 212. 
I might be showing my lack of amiga knowledge here - can anyone give me some pointers how to get this working.

If you have access to the proper roms and workbench disks it's pretty easy to set up a hdf file, just download one of the Classic WB archives to get you started.

Oh and as ever, thanks again TomB for your continued work on this emulator!!

Thank you, TomB + UAE team :) Runs jummy on Classic. Played a while Cabal and Vroom with it tonight.

I would have expected UAE to just not work when username like '%atari%' :)

Haha no :) but true, I am late to discovering the Amiga, and just spent an Amiga afternoon. Only realizing these days what a great homecomputer this is. Game-wise, like a new SNES to me, Been playing Stunt Car Racer for over an hour now, knew that in childhood from the C64 only :)

There is a new version of UAE4ARM in Repo.

Changes since last release:
- Disk images in zip files
- Support for rp9 (only 4 out of 99 games from "Amiga Forever 2016" not working, most demos are fine)
- New mousehack code (use stylus in Workbench)
- Picasso96: 8 bit color mode
- Max. Z3 mem now 128 MB
- Built-in AROS
- Bugfix: Press q in a textfield in GUI quits UAE4ARM
- bsdsocket.library
- Support for RDB hardfiles
- Scroll config list to current item when enter GUI
- Bugfix in dialog for adding HDF
- Newest code from WinUAE for opcode emulation

Changes since latest beta:
- Improvments in rp9 support (most demos with 68040 CPU now working)
- Newest code from WinUAE for opcode emulation
- Minor bugfixes introduced in previous betas

Attachments

• uae4arm_src.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 773
Thanks, I only had time to try one game (on the Android version with your latest updates) and that was the ADF A500 version of IK+ and now it doesn't work, it crashes. It worked on your previous version with no sound effects when 'more compatible' was ticked on and full sound when 'more compatible' was turned off.

liveevil,
Try to run whdload version of IK+. It works without any problem.

Yeh, I just thought i'd let him know that the ADF version used to work in the previous version, it may have broken other games as well. And the WHDLoad version only works correctly in 7mhz.
[doublepost=1461597174,1461584484][/doublepost]Just checked, and IK+ works with Kickstart 3.1 but not 1.3. This is an OCS game. Something strange is afoot.

Back