Request For Emulation And Homebrew Subforums

Esn

(:";
Website
esn.newgrounds.com
If we can have "Hardware Hacking" and "Software Hacking", why not "Emulation" and "Homebrew" subforums, like all the other systems have?

A number of new things have been released on the file archive lately, but not all of them have dedicated threads on the News or Beta forums. And keeping everything in "general" seems a bit unwieldy...

You forget that is a "Developer's Corner" for exactly these requests. Nearly anything developed for the Pandora will be an emulator or homebrew, so Developer's Corner already has it covered.

Yes, but we're not meant to discuss things in Developers' Corner. :p It would be nice to have a place for recommending games, posting high scores, and so on.

The best thing to do is wait until people complain that they're getting tired of a million topics about something, and then make a new forum.
Otherwise no one ever goes in there, and everything just goes in General anyway.

I'd have to say though, I like the idea of replacing general with "other".

Tempel said:
You forget that is a "Developer's Corner" for exactly these requests. Nearly anything developed for the Pandora will be an emulator or homebrew, so Developer's Corner already has it covered.
I don't mean requests, I mean general discussion about emulators, for example. And as mentioned, Developer's Corner is meant to be only for developers (programming talk, team gathering).

There are a bunch of threads specifically about emulators, compatibility, etc. on General right now, and it would be nice to have a specific forum for these. The "Emulation" forum already exists on the Wiz and GP2X forums, so there's good precedent. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Aninhumer said:
The best thing to do is wait until people complain that they're getting tired of a million topics about something, and then make a new forum.
Otherwise no one ever goes in there, and everything just goes in General anyway.

I'm tired of reading a million topics about making new sub-forums!!!

Wait, did I do that right?

SomeGuy99 said:
I'm tired of reading a million topics about making new sub-forums!!!

Wait, did I do that right?
I propose a Meta-Discussion sub-forum.

How about now, hmm? :)

The General forum is filled to the brim with game-recommendation and emulator-talk threads, and is so busy that recent posts fall off the first page.

A dedicated "emulation" forum could fix that...

I don't want to get involved too much in the discussions about subfora, as I'm no first-batcher anyway, but why don't we start with a Software category and break it down later if necessary. I hate it if I have to click various links before I get to the info.
I also don't like dicussions taking place in the news forum.

Back