Sub Forums In Pandora Forum?

verm71

Now that people will soon be receiving their Pandoras, discussions are likely going to start to become technical, while other discussions will still be general, and others still will become ordering information-based. At a certain point, it will become apparent that one forum to rule them all (a.k.a. General Talk) will not be conducive to growth and proper organization going forward.

What are the plans to divide the Pandora forums into subforums much like the Wiz forum, GP2X, etc... with dedicated subforums about emulation, homebrew, help, and possibly discussions about ordering/shipping/etc...?

Distro-specific sections (angstrom, gentoo, etc), hardware modding, multimedia (screenshots, photos, videos).

Ah crud. I failed to see today's gravedig http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/52196-i-think-we-need-more-forums/page__st__45

I apologize. Mods, please lock this duplicate thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see the need really, even the news section hasn't really been used at all.

And in the wiz/gp2x sections some emu posts go in general, some go in emulation.. its a bit redundant isn't it?

quartercast said:
I don't see the need really, even the news section hasn't really been used at all.

And in the wiz/gp2x sections some emu posts go in general, some go in emulation.. its a bit redundant isn't it?
That's why we shouldn't have a 'general' section. Works beautifully in other forums.

Slightly off topic, but what I'd like to see is a Developers' corner not linked to a specific device. It would be great for general programming questions and discussion, and games/applications that will run on multiple handhelds.

hisaki said:
Slightly off topic, but what I'd like to see is a Developers' corner not linked to a specific device. It would be great for general programming questions and discussion, and games/applications that will run on multiple handhelds.
How dare you be off-topic in this day and age! This is blasphemy! You shall be slain for heresy!

dflemstr said:
quartercast said:

That's why we shouldn't have a 'general' section. Works beautifully in other forums.
Or rename it "Other" and put it at the bottom?

dflemstr said:
How dare you be off-topic in this day and age! This is blasphemy! You shall be slain for heresy!

I know off topic is pretty much the norm here, so I guess that part of my post was pretty redundant *_*

dflemstr said:
quartercast said:

That's a really good idea, makes the distinction between subforums clearer and simpler.

Yeah, we need to get rid of "General Talk". Rename it to "Off-Topic". That should keep out the "OMFG HALP PLZ" threads!

But we also need some serious sub-divisions. I, for one, vote to have all of the devs and tech-speakers (especially Exo) permanently moved into their own special sub-forum. We'll call it "Jargon Land: Keep Out!" and lock them in.

No, but seriously, we could do with some new sub-forums. ED knows what, but we do.

Back