Why Do We Still Use These Forums?

'Vorporeal' said:
'God Ginrai' said:
<snip lots of quotes>

1. vBulletin costs even more to license than Invision
2. These forums already ARE on the Pandora servers. Ever heard of the term Domain Parking?

-God Ginrai
IIRC, ED said that he'd suggested to Hando many times that he move the forums over to his server, but it hadn't happened. Did they ever actually make the switch? If so, then ED would just be able to log in to the server and make the edits that Hando hasn't made yet...

'PoisonedV' said:
'God Ginrai' said:
<snip lots of quotes>

1. vBulletin costs even more to license than Invision
2. These forums already ARE on the Pandora servers. Ever heard of the term Domain Parking?

-God Ginrai
um. no, gp32x is still hosted in poland as opposed to ed's server in germany. the switch never occurred. i think hando should hando-ff (lol) his forum to ED but he either seems to not have time to do that or reluctant for some reason.

I could have sworn that right after GP32X came up after the downtime in October that ED had announced that GP32X had indeed moved over to the Pandora server. I'll see if I can track down where I saw that.

Also, Vorporeal, I know that if I had forums on someone else's server that I would be pretty damn pissed if they went about editing stuff without my permission, even if they didn't mean any harm.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
Back