Request: Local Wanna-Try-My-Pandora Session ?

nyypio

Still Fresh
Some day way back in time there was a map showing locations of people who had (then) pre-ordered Pandoras. If I recall correctly, there was some pins here in Finland too...

Now that there are several hundred of Pandoras out there, I'll find it realistic to ask if there already exists a local Lucky Bastard(tm) who would be kind enough to meet IRL and show his/her Pandora hands on. Drinks for free guaranteed for the one with Pandora :=)

Anyone ?

I guess there are a lot of people in different areas having same kind of thoughts so I left the topic general. Although I'm personally interested in finding such a person here in Finland...

In finland: I have one and Gaeryc has one. I might let you try it, note that it's a one-nubber and has all the common failures there is essentially, plus some that I've introduced when disassembling it, but whatever. PM me if interested.

Excellent idea.

I'm in the UK.

I'd love to meet up and see the wonders of a Pandora in the flesh.

skeezix said:
I'm always game to wave mine around in Toronto downtown :)
If Toronto is too far for you, my pandora lives 800km from there (Québec city) and likes to meet new hands too :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I can found usually at my local MUG Detroit group with my pandora (although let me know ahead incase i might not be there):
http://www.mug.org/twiki/bin/view/Mugwiki/WebHome

Ian_J said:
Excellent idea.

I'm in the UK.

I'd love to meet up and see the wonders of a Pandora in the flesh.
If someone arranges a meet and greet and it's somewhere I can get to... I'm down... just nobody try to nick my Pandora please! :p

@Bosbeetle: 3's a crowd anyway but you should be proud, as the only 3 owners to give a damn enough to have met up, or even the only 3 in the Netherlands that ever will. I take it you were disappointed though?

I am in upstate NY if canada is too far for you. I'd be willing to show off mine as well.

I'm in Glasgow, if anybody wants to meet up and have a fiddle (with my Pandora!) let me know.

Bosbeetle said:
we already had a dutch Wanna-Try-My-Pandora Session only 3 people showed up.
Ok, next attempt, let me know and we'll plan a date i can make. I got one and if i say i come, i will. But we'll make a new topic when that time comes :)

Oh and a tip for every get-together: Plan it in a decent hotel bar. Not too much activity, but not isolated, usually good service, and just about always proper network facilities

Where are Ian J and PokeParadox then?
I'm London but drive around a bit for work so could try tie a visit to client in the area, wherever it may be - i'd like to check if out, and my cleptomania is as good as cured!

urjaman said:
In finland: I have one and Gaeryc has one. I might let you try it, note that it's a one-nubber and has all the common failures there is essentially, plus some that I've introduced when disassembling it, but whatever. PM me if interested.
What exactly are the common failures?

Sebt3: I'm also from Québec City and I'd love to see your little baby! I miss the first preorder, maybe on the second. I was an avid gp2x user until it bricked. Do you have a gp2x? If so, have any experience in unbricking (jtag cable)?

Nice to see a fellow Quebecers in the boat!

Cheers!

pootle said:
I'm in Glasgow, if anybody wants to meet up and have a fiddle (with my Pandora!) let me know.

Hello there, I'm from Glasgow. Wouldn't mind a fiddle (WITH YOUR PANDORA)

Divpax said:
Hello there, I'm from Glasgow. Wouldn't mind a fiddle (WITH YOUR PANDORA)

No problem, I've sent you a PM.

Is there anything in particular you want me to install for you to see?

Back