Restaurants

Calzone is still pizza. It's just one that's been folded in half. Which I suppose means you're unlikely to get a pizza slice out of it. Actually I'm not sure what the right way to eat one of them is. I bought one when they first got added to the menu of places round here, and I just stuffed it in my gob. I'm not sure what I'd have done if I were eating in company.

Calzone is still pizza. It's just one that's been folded in half. Which I suppose means you're unlikely to get a pizza slice out of it. Actually I'm not sure what the right way to eat one of them is. I bought one when they first got added to the menu of places round here, and I just stuffed it in my gob. I'm not sure what I'd have done if I were eating in company.
For latino's it's just a big empanada and you eat it with your hands. I like Calzone, it keeps all the moisture of the vegetables inside. Downside is it also slips to the bottom, and sometimes you need to slurp out the juice before taking a bite or it will drip.
In formal settings (a chique restaurant), I would eat it with knife and fork, just like I would a pizza. But given the chance, I'd use hands. But then again... it's not a formal food. I'd settle for a pasta.

See also:

Well, it's restaurant day again. I have no clue where I'm going. Since I'm based in Gaston County, we usually eat there, but I have gotten them to go to Lincolnton before, and Clover and Lake Wylie in South Carolina before too. I suppose one of these days we could go to Charlotte, but my dad doesn't like to deal with Charlotte. The last time we went there, we didn't even eat there. Just took in a minor league baseball game.

Okay, so apparently we’ve decided on Traust Brewing in Mount Holly. Last time I went there they had some really good pita chips and spinach artichoke dip, and now it’s not on their menu anymore. :(

It’s Wednesday again. My sister has to work tonight, so she can’t come along. She was the one who picked the brewery last week. It will be me, my dad, and my stepmother. I haven’t thought of a place yet, but my stepmother limits my options a bit. I wish O’Charley’s still had free pie Wednesdays.

Since I’m not seeing my father on Father’s Day, I’ll probably pay for his meal on Wednesday when we eat out.

Not only is my dad out of town for Father’s Day, he almost skipped out on tomorrow’s meal. Fortunately, he decided to leave on Thursday instead of today or Wednesday, so I’ll get to have a sort of Father’s Day meal with him tomorrow.

Apparently, my dad wants to go to that pizza place we went to three weeks ago, to show my stepmother how good the calzones are. Well, it's his choice. Maybe this time I'll actually get a pizza.

Oh my God, he wants to order to-go and eat at my place. My place is a mess. I don't even have enough utensils for everyone. They said they would bring some of theirs.

That takes more time and effort than just using proper utensils and you never get everything off anyway so you would still ruin your keyboard.
Diet Coke
For a diet of toxic waste. Trying to lose weight by creating a chronic energy deficiency is waging a war against your own body and health. Not that I am assuming you are doing that, but I think that that was the idea behind Diet Coke.

Back