Right Side Getting Hot?

Not good. Not good at all :) Mine is consistenly mild warm (due to my hands warming it up...).

Check if the batteries are the ones that are getting hot by any chance...

The right side on mine gets a tad wamer than the other too, but I wouldn't call it hot, just luke warm.

- Alex

I am using both batteries and power supply and both seem to get warm, it has seemed to get worse with time.
Not completly sure which part it is that is causing the heat, maybe the dc converter? My battery life has gotten worse also.
I dont like it doing this, but there isnt really anything I can do.

Are you using the power supply while the batteries are still in the unit?!

No, i meant when i use either both start getting hot.

I took off the back and felt all the chips and i think i narrowed it down to the netchip. It gets burning hot. It must be heating off a ton of energy effecting my batteries life.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/External_power_supply

look at the cautions/ first aid. Mine wasn't working right, and it was higher then 3.3v and it was getting right side hot! Now i can't use batteries :( I still have to find someone to solder smd!!!

Thanks for the link.
im going to try and get it fixed through warranty first. But its nice to know some one else has seen the same behavior.

REMEmBER!!!!! TELL THEM YOU WERE USING THE OFFICIAL POWER SUPPLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or else your warranty is voided!

http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/External_power_supply

look at the cautions/ first aid. Mine wasn't working right, and it was higher then 3.3v and it was getting right side hot! Now i can't use batteries :( I still have to find someone to solder smd!!!

Thanks for the link.
im going to try and get it fixed through warranty first. But its nice to know some one else has seen the same behavior.

REMEmBER!!!!! TELL THEM YOU WERE USING THE OFFICIAL POWER SUPPLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or else your warranty is voided!

nice to know

My batteries only last 10 mins on a full charge in the GP2X. This happenned after I plugged the power supply when there were batteries still in the unit. The Manual apparently tells you not to have batteries and a power supply at the same time so there went my warranty! Many other people have done the same thing and got away with it. It is worth being aware of it, Evil Dragon can repair them and after the Christmas postal rush I will send it to him.

That's just shitty engineering, not being able to have both batteries and adapter in at the same time. I'd be pretty damn pissed were this to happen to me, and I'd demand a replacement regardless.

- Alex

Back