RIP pandora?

Romain337

Still Fresh
Hi, I got a little big problem with my beloved pandora.

Let me explain what happen and how it happen:

- I was thinking that my nand needs some cleanup so I decided to reinstall the firmware (already done before). So I downloaded the files (scr, bin image and md5) on my SDCARD.

- I started sysinfo just before reboot, it showed nothing weird, cpu ~25°C, Battery +/- 25%. I did it often so I remember :)

- I reboot the pandora, holding R button, and select "BOOT FROM SDCARD 1:1"

- A black screen showed for maybe 15 minutes. As nothing was show on screen (not even a single line of text or a blinking LED), and battery was not on charge, I decided to reboot the pandora to restart the process with the battery and the charger.

- So I closed the lid, removed the battery to turn it off, replaced it in the case (while holding R), put the things to charge the battery.

- Opened the lid.

Since this moment, the pandora don't even power on. The screen is completely OFF, the LED don't light up. I've read a lot of things (battery fault, backlight things that break etc) and nothing work. Holding Start button, Start and R button while powering the pandora does nothing too. In the last I tried to turn it on without battery in it, and she still stay powered off :(

I also tried with and without sdcard. All possibilities.

In the end I opened the box to see if something looked wrong but of course i've seen nothing. I just fucked up 2 screw in the process and do some little scratch on the case (shame on me :/).

I want to cry like a baby :/ I'm sure this is because I take so long time to dev something on it that she decided to suicide!

If you have any clue I can try. Thanks a lot :$

Hi here is maybe a Very usefull Link for you.

One other Person had near Problem with a Pandora which was bought from Ebay there and we solved it:

Hi here is maybe a Very usefull Link for you.

One other Person had near Problem with a Pandora which was bought from Ebay there and we solved it:

It looks that I definetly need to try this.
In the worst case, I'll send it to the repair center :)

Thanks

It sounds like the bootloader has been killed somehow.

We can fix that or I could even send you an SD Card that fixes that.

I need to find 2 or 3 sdcard around me to test with the DD image. Then I'll send it to the repair center if it still didn't work :)

Thanks a lot

Ok, so I tried with 3 other SDCARD and none of them worked. I tried various technique (fdisk (with -c=dos -u=cylinders) and dd). Still no luck.

The latest dd image I tested with my SDCARDS (32GB, 2GB, and 2 of 4GB) is http://urjaman.dy.fi/rescue-mini.img.bz2 as it seem to be the quickest copy and test.

I just can't get any LED or screen light with all the button combined :/

You did hold START on powering up the unit?

I tried with Start, Start+R, Start+Pandora, Start + Pandora + R, and also with the power button. Each time waiting 30+seconds but none of the LED nor the screen turned on.

Just to check, you did unpack the bz2 file, didn't you?

Yes

I tried with this image that make my sd card with 1 partition (RESCUE) and 2 file inside (MLO and u-boot.bin). I tried with this very tiny setup just to see at least one LED or the screen ON but it didn't work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back