Roll up, Roll up..

Garrett

Advanced Member
Ladies & Gentlemen I present for your delectation the: Magic Media i5 (Android handheld)

I know more choice is generally regarded as a good thing, but isn't this device deluge just getting a bit silly now.. how long before we have to collect 10 cereal box tokens for a random Android console/stick..?

Last edited by a moderator:
bleh bleh bleh. I need a full keyboard and non-android linux. That's why I sold my tablet and bought a Pandy. ^_^  

However; I need at least two gigabytes of ram in Android for AutoCAD if I were to purchase such a device.

A little over $200 in China huh? There's hitting the ground running and there's hitting the ground with a splat...

In case that wasn't that clear, this doesn't seem interesting given that JXD is making devices with an ostensibly better SoC (or better suited for this sort of thing), higher battery capacity, larger storage, and a substantially cheaper price outside of China. It also looks pretty decent, but it's hard to judge a device represented by a low quality render. From what I understand it took JXD several years to end up with buttons that were of even passable quality, so my hopes for this newcomer are not high.

how long before we have to collect 10 cereal box tokens for a random Android console/stick..?
Funny, that sounds like the exact thing Robert Pelloni was going for with his nD concept.

Yeah saw that one, you can see my comment on it in the comments section of the article.  

I'll wait for the RK3188 or better gaming tablets

Haha! You think thins kind of stuff is new? Ever since 2009, China has been churning out Tablets, Phones, consoles, and TV boxes all running android. I would love to show you some of the earlier examples on www.shanzai.com, but they closed down two years ago without a word (I tweeted at them a lot with no response) IT WAS MY FAVORITE WEBSITE! But sadly all great things must come to an end. It was this American guy living in China that reviewd Chinese electronics. Lol, I think I was their only active reader. Most of their articles only got 20 clicks (they all had counters at the bottom) and I don't think many of those were "avid" readers of the site like myself. Gawd I wish I could get in contact with them and get that site up and running again.

Anyway, just so we're clear, this is not a new thing, it's only new here in the western world. Up until now, all the devices have been very slow and limited to China. Now, Joe-Blow the Canadian/American/British 25y/o hipster with an uncalledfor small business loan can make a Kickstarter and make a console even though Android still isn't ready for that kind of thing. It may be new for white people to make them, but this is by far not a new thing.

And before Android they were doing it with more standard Linux or uCos or other stuff. Even some earlier ones gained some usage outside of China, like the old JXD 301. Or the Dingoo A320 for that matter. mp4nation was one forum for this that's also defunct.

Back