State Of The Gp2x Address

Remember how everyone started going on about a lack of homebrew games? That could potentially be a reason for less emu around.

oh oh oh me me !!! I miss the Gp32 "tits". I still wish they had left and right nipples implemented on the sucker for buttons. Or uhhh....Am I thinking a little bit outta the "box".

I hope my wife doesn't read this... :huh:

I love my gp2x, I take it to bed with me every night, even if i won't be playing it. I do get fed up with reading this board and seeing people whine about how bad the stick is, or why such and such will never be possible, but its great to see the new advancements, and stuff that was generally though impossible, happen (even I, never thought I woud see something like Egoboo on the 2x!).

Maybe its like the clever/dumb balance or somehing, you know? For every clever thing the gp2x does, another dumb troll appears? Well, whatever, let them whine, like the author of his topic said with his very wise words, Gp2x is where its at gentlemen and ladies, its this community thats the beating heart. And I love it, no matter who rants or complaints for the sake of arguement.

Almost every game I've played on the SNES (latest ver) is 60 FPS skip 0 @266Mhz. There are some games that don't run due to extra chips and mode 7 games (F-zero&Mariokart) are a tad slow, but playable. Try to run the SNES emu on a PSP @<333Mhz and see who the REAL winner is.

-Kensupen

There are some games that don't run due to extra chips and mode 7 games (F-zero&Mariokart) are a tad slow, but playable.

-Kensupen

Hmm, both those games run near perfect for me, I've at least never noticed any slowdown on them.

Only problem I've encountered with Mario Kart is at the beginning it stalls a bit at the "Nintendo" logo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is SNES full speed now?

Mostly (with overclocking), except for transparencies, special chips, and the occasional slow title like Axelay. In practice the new SquidgeSNES great, if you don't let "what's missing" bug you. Hopefully we get the full package some day, but for now it's very enjoyable.

Is SquidgeSNES still being developed?

Squidge hasn't updated it in forever, but notaz picked it up and added some much needed features.

The primary thing that I'm hoping for is some smart utilization of the 940 core. :) (as said in my sig, my GP2X can't go fast enough to do near-perfect SNES :( )

Is SNES full speed now?

Mostly (with overclocking), except for transparencies, special chips, and the occasional slow title like Axelay. In practice the new SquidgeSNES great, if you don't let "what's missing" bug you. Hopefully we get the full package some day, but for now it's very enjoyable.

It hasn't been updated for months. The most recent and promising work was done by Notaz but he seems to have vanished from the scene as he has not updated anything in along time. At this point I would say it is dead, or at least dormant.

It hasn't been updated for months.

Not true. There was an update released just last month.

Notaz is busy with real life, but he's still around. Squidge has also teased us with mention of a rewrite... Plus the latest source is there for anyone to investigate.

Back