Vektar On The 2.0 Firmware Nand

Dzz posted on May 1 2006 at 08:18 PM said:
dioxide posted on May 1 2006 at 08:03 PM said:
Umm Vektar, i believe, is based on Grid Wars 1&2.

I think the one on the GP2X is really bad, due to the joystick. Try it for the PC, it is waaaaaay better.
No, I had never heard of Grid Wars. Looking at it, it appears to be a Geometry Wars clone.

I was certainly inspired by screen shots of Geometry Wars because I thought it looked cool, but since I never played that game I doubt the gameplay is the same.

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy Vektar, not every game appeals to everybody. Hopefully there are some games on the gp2x that you do enjoy. Maybe you'll like my next game better!
Its a great game. Quite addictive. It just needs mega addictive music like Geometry Wars. I have clocked in about 100 hours of Geometry wars on my 360 lol!

Last edited by a moderator:
dioxide posted on May 1 2006 at 09:03 PM said:
Umm Vektar at i believe at is based on Grid Wars 1&2.
Download it here:
http://worldofstuart.excellentcontent.com/grid/wars.htm
Wow wow WOW ! This games looks so COOL ! :blink: Thank for the link, I'll certainly try (and enjoy) it ! Btw it really looks LIKE vektard, background is exactly the same ...
I must also try Geometry Wars, I never heard about it before, if it is the same kind of game it cannot be bad :)

Edit : the link don't work :( Well, I'll google it

Deed posted on May 1 2006 at 09:27 PM said:
Download it here:
Wow wow WOW ! This games looks so COOL ! :blink: Thank for the link, I'll certainly try (and enjoy) it ! Btw it really looks LIKE vektard, background is exactly the same ...
I must also try Geometry Wars, I never heard about it before, if it is the same kind of game it cannot be bad :)

Copy past the actual url: http://worldofstuart.excellentcontent.com/grid/wars.htm and open that. Worked for me. :p

Link to the creator's site: http://www.incitti.com/Blitz/

Great game, btw, I just played it, it rules. :p

Deed posted on May 1 2006 at 08:27 PM said:
Grid Wars is a great game, I wish it ran a bit better at 1920x1200 though. :-(

Someone else has another version called Grid Assault at http://members.home.nl/wdw/, although I prefer Grid Wars, myself.

Vektar has a similar look, but in some ways I prefer its gameplay over the Geometry Wars 2 clones.

Deed posted on May 1 2006 at 07:27 PM said:
Download it here:

Funny... There has already been 2 recent threads that has drawn attention to this game :)

Edit:
Actually...
Can someone explain how Vektar plays.
I already figured that it couldn't play like Geometry Wars/Grid Wars since the GP2x doesn't have 2 sticks. I then figured it might be more like Smash TV - but thinking a bit more about it I figured that it was more of an astoroids control-scheme.

I don't actually have a GP2x, but I'm still curious

Draken posted on May 1 2006 at 09:54 PM said:
Copy past the actual url: http://worldofstuart.excellentcontent.com/grid/wars.htm and open that. Worked for me. :p
It didn't work when I tried it ... But now it works :) Awesome screenshots :blink: I especially like the various backgrounds and the distortion effects. Hope the vektar commercial release will feature the same type of eye candy ;)
This said, Gridwars freezes on my pc so I'm not able to test it. I just had a quick look at the wavy grid effect during the first seconds :(

Ringo posted on May 1 2006 at 09:18 PM said:
Deed posted on May 1 2006 at 07:27 PM said:
Download it here:

Funny... There has already been 2 recent threads that has drawn attention to this game :)

Edit:
Actually...
I already figured that it couldn't play like Geometry Wars/Grid Wars since the GP2x doesn't have 2 sticks. I then figured it might be more like Smash TV - but thinking a bit more about it I figured that it was more of an astoroids control-scheme.

I don't actually have a GP2x, but I'm still curious

It has a typical 16-bit rotate and move scheme - which works really well, it also scrolls, infact I can't believe just how different gridwars and vektar are - i assumed they would be very similar!

-Craig

Ringo posted on May 1 2006 at 09:18 PM said:
It plays like Asteroids/Space Duel, whereas Geometry Wars and its clones play more like Robotron.

craigix posted on May 1 2006 at 08:52 PM said:
I just played Gridwars, it isn't much like Vektar at all. It looks the same, that's about it.
Vektar and the orinal Geomerty Wars: Retro Evolved are jsut so much better than grid wars. The control is grid wars is terrible without analog sticks.

Im going to order Vektar so I may as well get one with that.

Vektar was based off of someone playing around with the gp2x
Geometry Wars was based on someone playing around with the 360 to get the dual joysticks going.

Funny how they were both test runs and wound uo great.

GP2x = GP32 posted on May 1 2006 at 09:51 PM said:
Vektar and the orinal Geomerty Wars: Retro Evolved are jsut so much better than grid wars. The control is grid wars is terrible without analog sticks.
I find it completely unplayable with dual sticks. I guess it depends on what you're used to.

GP2x = GP32 posted on May 1 2006 at 02:51 PM said:
I just played Gridwars, it isn't much like Vektar at all. It looks the same, that's about it.
You can get a dual analog controller for the PC. In fact, the XBox 360 one should do fine, quite a few people have given it a thumbs up as a PC gamepad.

Ravnos posted on May 1 2006 at 10:07 PM said:
GP2x = GP32 posted on May 1 2006 at 02:51 PM said:
You can get a dual analog controller for the PC. In fact, the XBox 360 one should do fine, quite a few people have given it a thumbs up as a PC gamepad.
I know. Thats why I have 2 wireless for the 360 and wired for the PC. :p . Thats how I know Grid Wars is terrible without them!

I know. Its so addictive isnt it. Do you have XBL. if so whats your gamertag? Mine is:

The GP2x Master

Cool. I quite possibly have the Best Gamertag Ever! My brother keeps wanting to change it. I have told him to get his own but he cant be bothered. Also if its in Halo 2 its probably my brother who is like a chav of Xbox Live. If its a 360 game or something over than god damn Halo 2, such as full auto, or something like that its me.

Back