New Vektar Demo

craigix

Mega GP Mania
Website
twitter.com
I've quickly made a new Vektar demo of the commercial version:

http://gp2x.co.uk/commercial.html

It's hard as nails and is in downtime mode meaning you are against the clock.

The demo only shows a fraction of the full game but I didn't
want to give too much away!

The full game has over 34 levels and has a 1980's style
difficulty level, I was certainly in an Amiga mood when
I made this and I hope it shows. The first review on gp32x is great.

You can get the full game @ www.gp2x.co.uk on SD card.

Enjoy,

Craig

Last edited by a moderator:
Intense demo, thanks a lot Craig! I didn't think improving the first demo's visual feel was possible, but you did it, so good job on that too :)

- Alex

Does the real game have a time limit or just the demo?

Nice job Craig. Even though I don't think I'll ever be able to finish the demo, I think the commercial Vektar is spectacular.

Great demo, but I noticed one potential issue. The timer runs down even when the level clear and name of the next level is being displayed. Not sure if this is by design or by accident, but it's something that could be frustrating because you're wasting precious seconds just staring at a screen you can't skip.

Glad you liked it!

It's supposed to be like that, the timer is linked to the music track and the music and timer run out at the same time :) if it stopped it would get out of sync, I just like things to be nice and even like that!

The text is a little hard on the eyes but I'm loving the gameplay. It's a shame I'll have to put off buying the game for another week, but hopefully this demo will keep me happy until then :)

Man, Im without access to a card reader or cable for the next 2 weeks. If only I could order it, but i wont be home to recieve the package either :(

Craig, are there any plans on releasing a download version of the comercial game. Alternatively, can the game be copied from the SD card to my own bigger SD card and run from there?

Yeah i remember it said on the first demo available in boxed version and downloadable version is there going to be a downloadable version then? :huh:

Just tried the new demo it's much harder than the last one just makes me want to buy it more.

craigix posted on Aug 13 2006 at 08:38 PM said:
In the real game the timed levels are an unlockable option.

Ok so the actual game doesn't have a time limit, that is good as I hate games that force you to rush through them.

Crikey - the difficulty level certainly has risen! I can't even get started on 'Towers'!
Are the controls configurable? I find it hard to keep moving from the B key to the Y key to use the shield...

Gruntfuggly posted on Aug 14 2006 at 01:50 PM said:
Are the controls configurable? I find it hard to keep moving from the B key to the Y key to use the shield...
I did a neo-impressionist painting about this issue the other day:

vektarcontrolsdp6.gif

- Alex

Alex. posted on Aug 14 2006 at 02:49 PM said:
Gruntfuggly posted on Aug 14 2006 at 01:50 PM said:
I did a neo-impressionist painting about this issue the other day:

vektarcontrolsdp6.gif

- Alex
Excellent :D

Back