Visit site
Vektar::

+It's Arcade!
+First commercial/boxed game for GP2X!
+Very nice effects.
+Addictive.
+Nice Soundtrack.
+Good AI.
+Difficulty Level is noticable every new wave.

-Sometimes a bit too difficult.
-Only one soundtrack.
-Only gametype

Overall: 7.5

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It'll cost some of your time to learn how to play the game fast and smart, so you'll be able to reach higher waves and scores. But if you have the feeling how, the game is definitely worth the money!

---------Screenshots----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1142181387_677774.png

vekscreen.png

---------Where to buy?/Download Demo------------------------------------------------------
http://gp2x.co.uk/commercial.html

-NoidZ-

Funny you just posted that, i'm currently testing a new demo now while we wait for the commercial plastic boxes to arrive.

I'll probably release this tonight or tomorrow.

craigix posted on Jul 19 2006 at 03:28 PM said:
Funny you just posted that, i'm currently testing a new demo now while we wait for the commercial plastic boxes to arrive.

I'll probably release this tonight or tomorrow.
Cool! Once that's out, perhaps NoidZ can replace the screenshots. The top one is actually from an old version of the freeware Vektar (which somebody could also review if they want :) )

Lots of Vektars! Two demos, a freeware, and once the monks get finished individually hand-illustrating each box, a commercial game!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been enjoying the free Vektar all this week. Very good. Love that arcade feel that it has. I'm expecting more from the commercial one though. :)

How can that happen, dont you know the size before ordering?
Well, im lookin forward to the new demo, i realy like this game :)

craigix posted on Jul 19 2006 at 02:53 PM said:
We already got one set of boxes which were far too small, so we are waiting for the new bigger ones.
:lol: Zoolander: "What is this!? A school for ants!? It needs to be at least . . . three times this size!"

Craigix: "What is this!? A box for a postage stamp!? It needs to be at least three times this deep!!"
:lol: :lol:

Seriously though I love this game so much, unfortunately its snappy graphics, speedy gameplay and truly brilliant design make everything else on this unit look dated (oh, about 15-25 years old, depending on the emulator :)).

I hope Dzz gets a chance to do some cool 3D stuff soon, I know he has been interested in it.

We sent them an SD card and said we wanted a clamshell design, and that the case should be a lot bigger than the SD, 'leave it to us! We have done these before!' they said, and we got back a case about the size of a moron packet...

I want them to be as wide as the tvout/carrycase etc. width (but not as high). So we have sent them the exact dimensions this time.

Better to get it just right now with the first game rather than redo them later on.

It's all good anyway, as while we are waiting i'm tweaking the sound and some of the graphics in the game.

imho, if i was going to ship games on SD i would use 'normal' SD card holders, with stickers on the front and back. there are so many handheld accessories designed to hold that size container.

There isn't room for a manual if we use a normal sd holder and I think people expect something more than just a SD box, the game will come with one, but also with further packaging.

I cant wait. Im so excited, the first GP2x commercial game. Maybe gaemfaqs will open up a gp2x section now.

craigix posted on Jul 19 2006 at 08:09 PM said:
There isn't room for a manual if we use a normal sd holder and I think people expect something more than just a SD box, the game will come with one, but also with further packaging.
True, but I think a manual the size of the SD card would be so sweet, even if I had to read it with a magnifying glass :).

BTW if it isn't a corporate secret, how big are the SD you are using? And are they full?

It's likely i'll make an app to allow you to do that to coincide with the download versions.

Payback is likely to be 250meg+ (so a nasty download i'm afraid - better to buy the sd i think) and Vektar is about 64meg

The other games are all smaller then payback, but i can't say anything about those until licencing is confirmed.

craigix posted on Jul 21 2006 at 02:29 PM said:
It's likely i'll make an app to allow you to do that to coincide with the download versions.

Payback is likely to be 250meg+ (so a nasty download i'm afraid - better to buy the sd i think) and Vektar is about 64meg

The other games are all smaller then payback, but i can't say anything about those until licencing is confirmed.

Has anything happened with that Polish company that I told you about that made those awesome shooters, Boulderdash clone and race game? Those games looked hot, I would really like those. Palm and PPC users all say those games are great too.

Back