Thruster

purple_goat

Website
purplegoat25.deviantart.com
-revision B-
Thruster is a game like spout by Vilmos.
Thruster_image1.jpg

Thruster_image2.jpg

-- B) not available for download yet B) --​
EDIT: now available! download

Description:
Thruster is a game very close to spout by dockthepod, but in color.
It also features music that works somewhat like Rez (Dreamcast, Playstation 2).
The graphics are cool and it has an icon :p . Not only does this game save your high-scores, but also re-plays!

Features (taken from Vilmos):
- Three different game modes
- Two difficulty levels
- High score tables with replay - You can watch previous games and see how the high scores were done. High scores will be tracked online soon.
- Beautiful backgrounds by Mentis and Mrpropre
- Three included mp3 tracks with the ability to add any MOD or MP3 files to the tracklist.
- More than 2K particles in play at once
- Alpha blended explosions

Pros:
-icon
-high-score/re-play saving
-sfx
-next-gen spout
-custom soundtrack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that can use .mods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D now I can listen to maktones best!
-it rocks
-multiple game modes

Cons:
-grossly un-optimized! :( (please notaz, after fixing noiz..)
-doesn't harder after so long..

Verdict
Easily one of the best hombrew games on GP2X! And I got to play it early! *feels special*
After optimization this will be the definition of good homebrew and is a new benchmark.

Score:
10/10
9/10 (after thinking about it and playing more..)

-purple_goat

my high score on classic easy: 7615 1547

This game looks sooo cool :) I'm eager to try it!
After the Noiz2sa update, abstract games are welcomed ;)

purple_goat posted on Feb 17 2007 at 03:39 AM said:
Score:
10/10

So if the "cons" you listed get fixed, what score will you give it? Surely for it to get 10/10 it has to be perfect already?

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the super fast preview!

I should note that the game isn't actually done yet. There are more gameplay modes coming as well as pickups for some modes of play.

And it isn't optimized yet at all, I havne't done any gp2x specific tricks at all...I only started on the gp2x version about a week ago so I need a little more time. :p

This version is what was complete for the dcemu compo deadline, although the Zodiac version which is the original had hardware alpha blending. I haven't gotten that in the gp2x version yet.

I've also made the public post, should be available soon.

purple_goat posted on Feb 17 2007 at 03:37 PM said:
Dunny posted on Feb 17 2007 at 05:10 AM said:
Score:
10/10

So if the "cons" you listed get fixed, what score will you give it? Surely for it to get 10/10 it has to be perfect already?

D.
10.5/10

:-D

hmm, I'm afraid I no longer trust your reviews, sir!

D.

Dunny posted on Feb 17 2007 at 03:10 PM said:
purple_goat posted on Feb 17 2007 at 03:37 PM said:
Dunny posted on Feb 17 2007 at 05:10 AM said:
Score:
10/10

D.
10.5/10

:-D

hmm, I'm afraid I no longer trust your reviews, sir!

D.
:huh: :(

I'm glad to see that you enjoyed the soundtrack, sfx, and gfx of the game. I'm happy that Thruster has been so well received in the GP community.

purple_goat posted on Mar 15 2007 at 04:08 PM said:
mentis posted on Mar 15 2007 at 11:22 AM said:
I'm glad to see that you enjoyed the soundtrack, sfx, and gfx of the game. I'm happy that Thruster has been so well received in the GP community.
?

purple_goat posted on Feb 16 2007 at 11:39 PM said:
- Beautiful backgrounds by Mentis and Mrpropre

;)

purple_goat posted on Mar 15 2007 at 09:08 PM said:
mentis posted on Mar 15 2007 at 11:22 AM said:
?
Mentis contributed towards this very good looking game. Purple Goat, feel free to post a pointless reply with a smiley or an exclamation mark or something.

Thanks for clarifying folks. I would have replied sooner, but for some reason I was in "purgatory" and was not able to post anything. I have no idea what that was all about, but seems to be fine now.

And yes, Purple goat, it would have been more helpful had you been somewhat more specific in your, err, inquiry? But it's all good. I should have probably introduced myself as Michal Wisniowski, which is what I'm credited as I think.

Thanks again for all the positive comments :D.

purple_goat posted on Mar 16 2007 at 12:50 AM said:
oh, okay sorry..

uh, thanks
Another one to the post count :)

I recently posted a preview of Thruster for the upcoming PC release. The post includes two wallpapers which you might enjoy. Here's the link.

Back