purple_goat

Website
purplegoat25.deviantart.com
Protozoa is a snake type game by Ruckage
Download
How to play:
Left on joystick or 'L' trigger - rotate anti clockwise
Right on joystick or 'R' trigger - rotate clockwise
you try to grab groups of cells (Single cell - 10pts - 1 cell added Double cell - 25pts - 2 cells added Tripple cell - 50pts - 3 cells added) and avoid the pink block, if you hit the large pink block it's game over.

icon: yes
high-scores: yes
modes: 1
different speeds: yes
different scoring: no
increasing difficulty: if so I haven't gotten there yet

suggestions:
more modes (maybe quest: get X points in X time?)
different scoring for speeds OR add a 4 cell piece that only appears in fast speed
better music (although thanks for the music off feature ;) )
ulockable bubble skins!! (or not :lol: )

score:

8/10
It's tons of fun, but without difficulty balance it has a ways to go before the final verison

-purple_goat

edit: added download
link

Purple Goat, fenix sets the clock after its launched. You can tell Gmenu to set it to 1mhz for all fenix will care. It will be clocked to 240mhz by the fenix runtime.

sam fisher said:
Purple Goat, fenix sets the clock after its launched. You can tell Gmenu to set it to 1mhz for all fenix will care. It will be clocked to 240mhz by the fenix runtime.
:eek: OOOOOOOOOO :eek:
thanks for that info!!

Last edited by a moderator:
purple_goat said:
but without difficulty balance it has a ways to go before the final verison
-Hard
-Normal
-Easy
-PurpleGoat
(supereasy)

:lol:

I thought it was funny how each of Purple Goat's reviews gotten only 1 star, until I actually read them. :rolleyes:

Draken said:
I thought it was funny how each of Purple Goat's reviews gotten only 1 star, until I actually read them. :rolleyes:
We really need a 0 star rating option :)

Yeah...what exactly happened to the star thing? I remember there was no stars but now pretty much every post in the reviews section has been rated....

Protozoa was great. I did have a couple of thoughts about some things that could be done to "polish" the game a little.

1) I find the default speed just a tad too fast.. perhaps it can start out slower and gradually speed up to help implement more of a difficulty range.

2) The idea of an "enemy" is good, and I thought about how it could be tweaked a bit to add more "urgency" to the game play. I was thinking the enemy could start out small, and more easily avoided, but it is competing with you for the food - as it eats, it grows and becomes progressively harder to avoid. So this would add a little bit of a strategy element to the game - you have to eat faster and better than the enemy to keep him small. After the enemy progresses to a certain size, it could spore, and produce another smaller version of itself, and so the difficulty grows again.

3) The instant death for touching the enemy is too much of a penalty, especially if you've gotten into the groove of the game for a while. Perhaps touching the enemy makes you lose 10 segments your length, and makes him grow larger or subdivide faster. If you are under 10 segments when you touch him, then game over. Again, this introduces a bit of a strategy element because it give the player some control over how long his character is getting, at the cost of increasing the enemy difficulty.

Just some thoughts off the top of my head.

sam fisher said:
OMFG, what the hell are those stars? Where the hell did they come from? Bloody hell! I don't know what going on anymore! *jumps out window*
Oh, You lil' bastard, you. ^^

just for the recored, I think I hit all the right points, I have been playing it and I agree with my review..
and don't bitch about my review, tell me whats wrong and then bitch :p

Hi PG - I do have a few comments about your review (though I'm not complaining as you gave me a good score :p ) The bit about 'better music' seems unfair to me, music is very subjective and what one person hates another will love, I think pferguso did a great job and I'm looking forward to the new tracks he will provide for the sequel.

Pg - increasing difficulty: if so I haven't gotten there yet
- surely the difficulty increases as the snake gets longer.........

Pg -It's tons of fun, but without difficulty balance it has a ways to go before the final verison

Well it actually is a final version in my opinion - like many of the classic old arcade games what you see is what you get with the sole aim of beating your last high score. Purity :p

That said I will be releasing another version with lots of additions but it will be a sequel to this as I think this version stands up fairly well on it's own.

Pg - increasing difficulty: if so I haven't gotten there yet- surely the difficulty increases as the snake gets longer.........

your right :lol: I am dumb
Pg -It's tons of fun, but without difficulty balance it has a ways to go before the final verison[/i][/b]
Well it actually is a final version in my opinion - like many of the classic old arcade games what you see is what you get with the sole aim of beating your last high score. Purity :p

I mean different scoring for fast/ normal speed

and about sound.. I listen to TONS of chip tunes so I think I am at least somewhat qualified..
my specific complaints about it are as follows:
sounds like one beat, then adds another beat, then another..
not addictive
no volume change (see one of my favs: http://sidchip.ath.cx/~maktone/mod/FLT01.MOD)

edit:fixed quotes

Back