Vektar Boxed

I'm a physical kinda guy. I like having a physical version whenever possible. I've never liked buying download-only games, and have only recently (and very reluctantly) started doing so.

Blah posted on Aug 1 2006 at 06:52 AM said:
He said that if you buy the game you're allowed to get the download version for free. So if worse came to worse and lets say the SD card was eaten by some obese man at McDonalds, you could still put the download version on some other card.

The downloadable backup is restricted though. It is locked to a specific unit. If that unit goes tits up and you need a replacement your are fucked. The idea here is that when I buy a game I want to own it. If you have to rely on a third party for permission to use your game then you don't own the game, they do, and are just letting you use it temporarily.

As long as the SD that comes with it remains in working order then you are OK.

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveC posted on Aug 1 2006 at 11:36 AM said:
Blah posted on Aug 1 2006 at 06:52 AM said:
He said that if you buy the game you're allowed to get the download version for free. So if worse came to worse and lets say the SD card was eaten by some obese man at McDonalds, you could still put the download version on some other card.

The downloadable backup is restricted though. It is locked to a specific unit. If that unit goes tits up and you need a replacement your are fucked. The idea here is that when I buy a game I want to own it. If you have to rely on a third party for permission to use your game then you don't own the game, they do, and are just letting you use it temporarily.

As long as the SD that comes with it remains in working order then you are OK.
I imagine you could ask for a a new download if you have to replace your gp2x. True, if you lose the SD and you put the download on your machine and then you replace the machine and craig has gone out of business or can't be found you'd be in trouble. It's better than cartridges for other consoles though where if you lose the cartridge or the cartridge goes bad you're basically screwed at step one (though I'm not sure about policies regarding replacing faulty cartridges. I'm sure if there are any they are not good forever).

The one thing that could be tricky is selling the game used, but I don't know what sort of license agreement Craig will have for the game.

Well, if you register your unit, I suppose you also register yourself for all future purchases from the same distributor. If this is true, you should be able to move the registration of one unit to another registered user. That sort of action should really require e-mail confirmation and that sort of thing, though.

Hmm... Difficulty about that is that you'll then have downloaded versions of the game that you can still play on your own unit, which means you could basically buy one copy and then get a download, and then just pass the registration on to someone else, and then he does the same, etc etc etc. Not the best solution after all.

Wow! 8| Didn't know vektar would look like that eventualy!!! I gotta have this one really quick.

Although a nice sticker on the SD-Card would have been nice :p

Arguably I think it would be nicer to have the normal SD case with a mini manual inside.

Goity posted on Aug 1 2006 at 10:33 PM said:
Arguably I think it would be nicer to have the normal SD case with a mini manual inside.

That's a bit TOO petite for me. You'd have to have quite a few pages, and you can't fit that many pages in a normal SD case, so you'd have to make the SD case larger, which would upsize the price.

I agree. I miss the days of the larger PC game boxes - so a mini-manual would drive me nuts :D

of course, maybe I'm already there. Us art heads and all...

what was the argument against the N-gage game package????
(hardboxcover, place for manual and a second card, design via cover inlays) <_<

Magnulus posted on Aug 1 2006 at 03:06 PM said:
I'm a physical kinda guy. I like having a physical version whenever possible. I've never liked buying download-only games, and have only recently (and very reluctantly) started doing so.
Yer, i'm with you on that. All my mp3's are from my CDs and not from the music sites on the web. Paying 20 notes for something you can't touch is a bit odd..... maybe i'm just getting old. ;)

thats one kick ass design craig, whoever designed it must be a god of some sort. :D

29.90 $ (dollars) = 23.4 €
19.90 Pounds = 29.90 € more or less

How much euros will it cost finally? Thank you :)

It's strange how the price in dollars for anyone that imports it is cheaper than the local price in pounds. :)

Draken posted on Aug 2 2006 at 09:17 AM said:
It's strange how the price in dollars for anyone that imports it is cheaper than the local price in pounds. :)

Yes, sadly :(

Anyone can explain me why europeans have to pay more for the same? It´s only curiosity.
Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft answered me that they didn´t take Math classes :ph34r:

Sorry for my poor english :p

Draken posted on Aug 2 2006 at 08:17 AM said:
I wonder If I can import to England ;)

Its because Americans don't pay VATm I think.

Amerkins don't pay VAT., and also with Nintendo etc. they're just being mean, because they know we will pay more because we have to.

Back