Vektar Boxed

greenmikey posted on Jul 31 2006 at 05:46 PM said:
we have come to|
shooting people \/ now?
vektarshot.jpg

yes. there`s war all over the planet. i don`t think we have "people" in our handheld, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
greenmikey posted on Jul 31 2006 at 06:56 PM said:
Our restrooms wont be safe if we kill all the stick figures

hah, took me a few seconds to work that one out

craigix posted on Jul 31 2006 at 07:25 PM said:
DaveC posted on Jul 31 2006 at 06:20 PM said:
Cool this will be great.

The only thing I would have changed would have been the shape of the ship. It is an exact rip of the Geometry Wars ship, copyright infringement?

Other than that looks cool.

Do you have some screens which show GWars's ship? I've never played it before. I did play a PC clone and laughed at just how much Vektar and GW are so different (yet look so similar).

Draken posted on Jul 31 2006 at 06:22 PM said:
Looks awesome but I can't make out the shape of that box, can I order it with other soon coming commercial gp2x boxes in dvd box like state? :)

What other GP2X boxes?

There is a comercial game box for SD/MMC cards: N-Gage Game Box.
what was the argument against this design?
patented?

Paradox posted on Jul 31 2006 at 12:41 PM said:
ohh thats good, i thought it was either that or chop it apart to open it (hate those especially when you have no scissors handy)
If it was chop apart, I doubt he would have sealed a dummy SD card in there. It'd make a waste of a box.

Psh..you that fret over boxes are crazy. Some of those psp/ds games sell more then the gp2x itself. They have money to blow on packaging. I'm sure we could have cases just like that for 4-5 more dollars a unit.

That would just be an inflated cost where the profits go to nobody..:(

I don't mind the blister pack. Boxes are nice, but take up a lot of space. The graphicalised bit in there... Is that a manual or just a piece of cardboard? Just curious.

Oh, also: It would be cool if there were stickers for the SD card holder as well, so you could have a cover that is a Vektar cover.

if i had shipped this, it would have been in just the standard SD case... sticker on the front and back. guess im a minimalist.

PS: maybe you have to save the stick figures?

sorry to say this in a vektar thread, but although this game looks great, and I'll probably buy it eventually, I'm REALLY looking foward to payback.

Do you have a better idea of when it'll be available craig? That's a sure-shot deal for me.

Well, each SD card will have an SD holder (from the picture)... isn't that the case?
The blister pack is just on Intel's old idea of "people want big things for their money".

Looking forward to this, though.

*is still curious as to whether that back-bit is a manual or just regular cardboard fancy-pants stuff.*

I'm quite tired of memory card blisters in general being so damn huge. There are too many different kinds and sizes these days for us small shops to possibly have room for them all! They could be a quarter of their current size, and not a tear would be shed.

So yeah, manual? Possibility of "cover" sticker for the SD card holder?

What's all this about not likeing the blister-pack? If the game's good then it won't be in your shelf, surely, it'll be in your GP2X or in your pocket, ready to play.

Looking good, Craig.

Back