Vektar Problems

The Master

I've just received the commercial version of Vektar from gp2xstore.com.

Been looking forward to this for ages!

The only problem is, though... it doesn't work.

The game just hangs on the hi-score/loading screen, and does diddly-squat.

Has anyone else ever encountered this issue? Is there a patch, or something I've overlooked?

The SD card itself seems fine, I can read all the data on it. Just can't play the game!

I'm on firmware 2.1.0 if that helps.

load gp2x without sd card in it, then put the sd card into the gp2x when in the menu, should work (not testen myself but i read it here a couple of times)

noreason posted on Dec 21 2006 at 12:11 AM said:
load gp2x without sd card in it, then put the sd card into the gp2x when in the menu, should work (not testen myself but i read it here a couple of times)

Fantastic! That worked. Thank you very much! :D

How bloody weird is that though! Why on earth does it make any difference??

Last edited by a moderator:
i also remember him posting that their in the process of fixing the bug, well either way it isnt like its brain sergery to get it to work...(but it is a bit of a pain)

I've just had another push at completing Vektar this week and this is a bit annoying, particularly as it is a commercial game. It also means that you can't use GMenu to launch it booting with the card in. It has been broken for quite some time now (since firmware 2.0?). I wonder if Craig is shipping 2.1.1 GP2X's with a seemingly unplayable Vektar? It doesn't really bother me now but I think it would really put off a newcomer when they take delivery of their GP2X.

I have been trying to work this out for a while, I even made a patch for 2.1.1 to make it work (as in 2.1.1 it will not boot AT ALL).

I'll issue a fix for it soon, I know what part of the code kills the FW now, and I also know what GPH have done to the FW (a really stupid change to the /tmp/ dir)

Oh, PS should I reveal the continue cheat for Vektar now?

sam fisher posted on Dec 21 2006 at 08:12 PM said:
No, its been broken since 2.1.0, get your facts straight.
Easy there. I put a question mark as I wasn't sure...

craigix posted on Dec 21 2006 at 08:15 PM said:
I have been trying to work this out for a while, I even made a patch for 2.1.1 to make it work (as in 2.1.1 it will not boot AT ALL).

I'll issue a fix for it soon, I know what part of the code kills the FW now, and I also know what GPH have done to the FW (a really stupid change to the /tmp/ dir)

Oh, PS should I reveal the continue cheat for Vektar now?
Glad to hear you're onto it. :) I didn't mean to seem negative, I'm still getting good miles out of this great game! It seems to run on my 2.1.1 with booting without the SD in. I'm pretty sure I updated the firmware correctly, it says 2.1.1 on boot and in the 'info' section of the menu.
I might be interested in a little cheat, I'm not sure if I want to spoil it thought as I'm still struggling a little with the last level.. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering if anyone has any ideas how to fix this. I have the full version of Vektar, running 2.11. I boot with the SD out, but sometimes when I start the game it has no sound or distorted sound, and other times it runs perfect. I need to reboot the GP2X to fix it if there are any probs. with the sound. Some times I need to do this 3 or 4 times.

Anyone else have this prob.?

Other than that I love it.

Back