Vektar On The 2.0 Firmware Nand

thelamer posted on May 2 2006 at 05:36 AM said:
Yeah dual anolouge geometry wars just puts the hurtin down on Vektar as far as gameplay .
How ever vektar is still better than Grid Wars.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dzz posted on Apr 28 2006 at 04:31 PM said:
There's actually three versions now: the competion version (0.1), the current release (0.9) which added a bunch of new enemy types, and now Craig's super duper commercial version. I've promised people that I'll go that last little step from 0.9 to 1.0 with some very minor bug-type issues. That will happen someday. After that I have no plans for further enhancements.

Before you quit could you add just one option? Maybe Craig could add it to the comercial version too. Controlling with the stick is a bit rough due to the bias of the stick. Now to thrust and turn you need to hit the diagonal just right.

It would be nice to have an alternate scheme (you could press a button for scheme A like it is now or B for the alternate).

This alternate scheme would be as follows: left-right on stick rotates ship left-right, "X" is thrust (B is fire, Y is shield like now). Up and down on the stick would not thrust. You could use for left for example SW1+SW2 through SW4+SW5 (see diag in my sig) as "rotate right" This would give much better control, more "asteroidsy" too. Hope you could try it, I think you would like it. Remember it would be optional for those of us that would prefer it.

DaveC posted on May 11 2006 at 11:10 PM said:
Dzz posted on Apr 28 2006 at 04:31 PM said:
There's actually three versions now: the competion version (0.1), the current release (0.9) which added a bunch of new enemy types, and now Craig's super duper commercial version. I've promised people that I'll go that last little step from 0.9 to 1.0 with some very minor bug-type issues. That will happen someday. After that I have no plans for further enhancements.

Before you quit could you add just one option? Maybe Craig could add it to the comercial version too. Controlling with the stick is a bit rough due to the bias of the stick. Now to thrust and turn you need to hit the diagonal just right.

It would be nice to have an alternate scheme (you could press a button for scheme A like it is now or B for the alternate).

This alternate scheme would be as follows: left-right on stick rotates ship left-right, "X" is thrust (B is fire, Y is shield like now). Up and down on the stick would not thrust. You could use for left for example SW1+SW2 through SW4+SW5 (see diag in my sig) as "rotate right" This would give much better control, more "asteroidsy" too. Hope you could try it, I think you would like it. Remember it would be optional for those of us that would prefer it.
Your wish is my command. Fetch the 1.0 version of Vektar from archive.gp2x.de and look at any of the .cfg files in that distribution for instructions. You can build your suggestion or many other control configurations.

Back