Vektar Boxed

The minimum number for manufacture of a 'DVD case' SD card box is 5000. It would add at least $6 onto the price of the game. Not going to happen, it's only a box and the clamshell pack we have decided on is the best value and looks good.

Plus I bet that most people just use the smaller SD case anyway.

Is the SD card or game going to be "locked" or copyprotected in anyway? Or are we going to be able to simply copy the contents of the game to our normal SD cards that contain all our other programs? I'd really like to see some kind of copy protection, b/c I'd hate for ppl to email this to each other.

It is protected yes. However if you have bought the SD version you will be allowed to download a version of the game free once the online system is active, which will work on any SD card as long as it is in your registered GP2X.

Sounds just like it should be :)
But honetsl, i realy dont see a sense in thoose blister packs, they arent pretty enugh to be colected so they will land in the trash anyway, so why not just ship the sd in a little sd case with a sticker on it and save the additional cost for the blister crap?

Vimacs posted on Aug 1 2006 at 04:35 AM said:
Sounds just like it should be :)
But honetsl, i realy dont see a sense in thoose blister packs, they arent pretty enugh to be colected so they will land in the trash anyway, so why not just ship the sd in a little sd case with a sticker on it and save the additional cost for the blister crap?
Because....errrr.....More detailed artwork or something :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I was hoping for a DS style box like many others, but I think we'll have to wait for future games for something of that quality. This is our first commercial game! And I can't wait to play it :)

craigix posted on Aug 1 2006 at 03:12 AM said:
It is protected yes. However if you have bought the SD version you will be allowed to download a version of the game free once the online system is active, which will work on any SD card as long as it is in your registered GP2X.

It is just locked to the SD (boxed version) right? We can backup the contents to our computers though can't we? This way if the card the game comes on gets corrupt we can just re-format that card, copy the files from the computer back to that card and it will work.

He said that if you buy the game you're allowed to get the download version for free. So if worse came to worse and lets say the SD card was eaten by some obese man at McDonalds, you could still put the download version on some other card.

Blah posted on Aug 1 2006 at 07:52 AM said:
lets say the SD card was eaten by some obese man at McDonalds
:lol: Does that happen to you often? :huh:

Great idea with the downloadable backup. Did we get a price confirmation yet?

Well theres a guy in the back who I swear could eat a volkswagen.

But to get back on topic, I would like to know the price as well.

1st Edition Boxed version.
Includes replacement GP2X cap.
Price includes VAT.
Manufacturer: GP2x.co.uk
$ 29.99 (Outside Europe)
£ 19.99 (All inc.)

From the site...

craigix Do you intend to release it for distribution in other countries?

I want to buy it, but would prefer to avoid it a long trip if I can buy it here in Spain in the near future B) .

( I don't know if it has been asked before lol ).

Cool, that game looks awesome. Looking forward to payback too, already have it on my iMac. I really hope its just as great on the gp2x.

Back