Vektar Boxed

craigix

Mega GP Mania
Website
twitter.com
Hello Everyone,

Here is Vektar boxed:

vekbox.jpg

Note the photo just has a dummy SD card in it, I've not recieved the new stickers for the SD cards yet.

It should be shipping this week, as long as I don't get any new bug reports from the beta testers. A new demo will follow the full game (I was going to post a demo last week, but thought it was better to post when the game is available).

vektarshot.jpg

I've no easy way of getting screen shots at the moment.

It comes on a 128MB SD card and has a 60mb licenced sound track.

I hope to get some people to post reviews etc. fingers crossed you will like the game, I think i've got the retro feel / new look balance right.

More news soon.

I've been looking forward to this for a while now, glad the release is finally upon us!

Cool this will be great.

The only thing I would have changed would have been the shape of the ship. It is an exact rip of the Geometry Wars ship, copyright infringement?

Other than that looks cool.

Looks good!

As for screenshots, have you tried fgrab? (it's on the archive)

Looks awesome but I can't make out the shape of that box, can I order it with other soon coming commercial gp2x boxes in dvd box like state? :)

DaveC posted on Jul 31 2006 at 06:20 PM said:
Cool this will be great.

The only thing I would have changed would have been the shape of the ship. It is an exact rip of the Geometry Wars ship, copyright infringement?

Other than that looks cool.

Do you have some screens which show GWars's ship? I've never played it before. I did play a PC clone and laughed at just how much Vektar and GW are so different (yet look so similar).

Draken posted on Jul 31 2006 at 06:22 PM said:
Looks awesome but I can't make out the shape of that box, can I order it with other soon coming commercial gp2x boxes in dvd box like state? :)

What other GP2X boxes?

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it isn't. Could have sworn it was exact, I must have been drunk ;)

Correction, I meant, commercial gp2x game cases. (I figure most commercial game cases will look the same)

Are they easy to order them in my closet like how you do with Dvd cases?

DaveC posted on Jul 31 2006 at 11:20 AM said:
Eh?

Please don't throw accusations like that around.

ships.png

is the box that annoying plastic type which needs to be blasted with an atomic bomb to get it open, thus destroying the box?

i was hoping for a box i could shelve and keep =(

ohh thats good, i thought it was either that or chop it apart to open it (hate those especially when you have no scissors handy)

damn, this maze-stuff looks amazing... think i`m gonna get the boxed version sooner or later...

2morrow is august 1st. there`ll be a new zooov-level in august, i`m looking very forward to....

I would have suggested using a paper/cardboard box, as plastic is very hazardous to the environment.

BTW craigix, did you do any beta testing for the game?

craigix posted on Jul 31 2006 at 06:39 PM said:
It clips open and closed, it does not need to be cut open.

Music to my ears, like others I feared it was going to be scissors job from the picture.

Back