Roller Coaster Tycoon Port Or Remake?

Classic Team

Website
classicteam.110mb.com
I don't really know wether I should or should not be asking this, but has anyone (or can anyone) port Criss Sawyer's Roller Coaster Tycoon? If not, would anyone be willing to make a fan-made version for the GP2X?

Thanks,
Classic Team (AKA Mygames19, the new member)

couldn't be ported because there is no linux version that I can find and the original needs a 90mhz pentium proccesor, and a (crappy) video card.

I think this was discussed before and someone mentioned that it is not doable as there is a tremendous amount of x86 assembler in the source code. Would be cool but you would basically need to rewrite the game engine. Correct me if I am wrong though, I might not remember.

A fanmade version would need a really long development time, it's quite a complex game. I don't think anybody would do that as the effort would be too huge.

Eh, well we can dream, right? Its just I'm also a fan of Roller Coaster Tycoon. So having it portably would be sweet. I think I'll have to stick with whats avalable; Transport Tycoon. Atleast untill someone re-creates it or somehow ports it, which will probublly never happen.

Back