Rom Duplicates Which One To Use?

milkacow03

Still Fresh
so i just downloaded a buttload of SNES ROMS and each game has about 5 different versions. i figured that if it has a (J) after it then its in japanese, but which is the best to use for the GP2X?

here is an example
AD&D - Eye of the Beholder (J) [h1C].smc
AD&D - Eye of the Beholder (J) [hI].smc
AD&D - Eye of the Beholder (J).smc
AD&D - Eye of the Beholder (U) [!].smc

bloodxgore749 said:
so i just downloaded a buttload of SNES ROMS and each game has about 5 different versions. i figured that if it has a (J) after it then its in japanese, but which is the best to use for the GP2X?

here is an example
You should be good with (U) [!]

Last edited by a moderator:
PlopperZ said:
bloodxgore749 said:

here is an example
You should be good with (U) [!]

ok but what is the h1C and the hI

You only downloaded them because you didn't have the equipment to dump your own bought cartridges, right?

Squidge said:
You only downloaded them because you didn't have the equipment to dump your own bought cartridges, right?
yup

some games have altered graphics, gameplay, or just mapper fixes (i.e. [h*)
some games have different content aside from the language changes (i.e. different levels, different characters)
when in doubt, stick with the verified games ([!]) but give others a try. Check out the top lists of games to play as well.

Back