Subterranea Rom Not Working On Picodrive?

beefcurtains!

Still Fresh
Has anyone got the Subterranea ROM working on Picodrive? I havent tried DRMD yet, will give it a go tonight, one of my favourite MD games and the first one I have found to not work. I have tried the E/J/U roms and they are all the same.

I didn't work for me on picodrive either. But it runs well on DRMD :). But it Somehow runs well on picodrive for symbian mobiles. It could be a region settings problem.
BTW I also run lethal enforcers with DRMD because not all the sound is played in picodrive. It's just great that we have both emulators.
Claus

claus said:
I didn't work for me on picodrive either. But it runs well on DRMD :). But it Somehow runs well on picodrive for symbian mobiles. It could be a region settings problem.
BTW I also run lethal enforcers with DRMD because not all the sound is played in picodrive. It's just great that we have both emulators.
Claus
Thanks, will give DrMD a go tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
claus said:
Claus

beefcurtains! said:
Has anyone got the Subterranea ROM working on Picodrive? I havent tried DRMD yet, will give it a go tonight, one of my favourite MD games and the first one I have found to not work. I have tried the E/J/U roms and they are all the same.
It works, you just need to enable "accurate timing" in options and reset the game. I could've enabled that by default for people like you (who don't know how to read the manual), but that would just slow down other 80% of games which don't need it.

claus said:
Just tried it and haven't noticed any missing sounds. Can you be more specific?

It's when you shoot. And when you go to the ingame options menu there a feature called sound check. The background music playes fine but sound effets doesn't play. I tried with different sound settings.

claus said:
It's when you shoot. And when you go to the ingame options menu there a feature called sound check. The background music playes fine but sound effets doesn't play. I tried with different sound settings.
Hmm, confirmed as a bug. Although this only happens on European version, US and JAP work fine, will try to see what's wrong with it.

Edit: nah, it also needs "accurate timing", and it must be enabled from the beginning (game boot/reset), or else it corrupts it's own state and enabling that option doesn't help then.

Back