Help W/picodrive

snart

Still Fresh
Hello, all-

Just got my GP2x....love it!

Quick question w/PicoDrive. I downloaded the latest version here. No matter what rom I select, I get a "no rom found in zip" message. All the roms work with DrMd. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

-snart

Whats the file extension of your roms inside the zip? They should be *.bin or *.smd extensions to work.

Mine are all *.bin extensions and work perfectly in PicoDrive, although im using version 0.964 and not the newer experimental version.

Yorper posted on Feb 24 2007 at 05:19 PM said:
Whats the file extension of your roms inside the zip? They should be *.bin or *.smd extensions to work.

Mine are all *.bin extensions and work perfectly in PicoDrive, although im using version 0.964 and not the newer experimental version.

Whoops. They're zip.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
They can be zipped though. Mine are *.bin files inside a zip and it loads them without any hassle at all.

Unless you mean they are *.zip inside another zip file :p

also try the older version of picodrive here

http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,5,1801

people are saying its better for megadrive games... also like said, if its a .zip, make sure inside it is a .bin or .smd... also each rom must be zipped individually, (but if they work in Dr.MD they should work fine in picodrive)

i have this too - seems that picodrive doesnt like the .md files inside of 90% of my zips where as DrMd plays them fine.

just to be a little more helpful, this can be fixed by unzipping your roms and using ms-dos, batch renaming the file extensions using:

ren *.md *.bin

then rezipping to their individual archives.

probably quite obvious, but might help someone...now if only picodrive had a prettier GUI, it would be perfect

Back