GP2X Rpg Engine For Gp2x

You must have misunderstood me. I meant that making a really really good game in ZZT takes almost the same effort as coding an ok game because ZZT's limitations enable users to be more creative in their games. Not that I'm advertising, but you should check out how amazing some ZZT games look with just 16 color ASCII graphics.

Edit: I was going to make a simplistic GCS for GP32, but I don't have the skill nor time to make it.

Edit #2: That's what I plan to do. If GP goes through with the GPKids changes, I will finish my unfinished GP32 games on it.

Well a few of us already started an open source (Adventure)RPG engine:

http://gp2xforge.rix0r.nl/projects/adrpg

Unfortunately it kinda got paused when I was overun with coursework. It is still a project I would like to finish at some point but my own personal motivation has dwindled for it at this time. Due to the open source nature please feel free to checkout the source and have play.

Also you contact Dimacus on these boards as I believe he had a more progressed SDL engine for the project.

And bigtrouble had some ideas for art direction and story... but if the engine is planned well it could accept different story scripts etc.

I'll try and dig up the old thread for you guys...

Here we go

Last edited by a moderator:
After all of the game contests are over I am planning on making a GameCreater for windows that will make games for the gp2x I plan on making a core.gpe that will run scripts created by an editor so you can make pretty much anything you like fighting, shooting, run/jump games.I already have started on my version of a fighting engine kida like MUGEN back when it was popular of course it has nothing to do with MUGEN I coded it completely from scratch so people could make there own fighting games for the GP2X. But I have lots of projects in the works and a Game Creator is right up there for all of the people who want to make games but don't know how to code but of course my game creator will be FREE!!!

My bull**** sense is tingling...

Unless that was serious, in which case you should probobly rephrase it so that it does not sound like your saying everything at once. Not to offend anyone, just suggesting if you want to be taken seriously, sarcasm is prevalent when referring to these things.

Back