Run in a PND

it will be hard because amiga needs original kickstart rom [which is copyrighted and wont be included in pnd], so it will not be running that easily like dosbox games in PND.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can ripp uae4all from its pnd and configure it to autostart your rom in the configscript. Then you could prompt thr user to put the kickstart rom in appdata manually.

btw. uae4all accepts command line switches like original uae? [btw uae has a lot undocumented ones :/]

The latest UAE includes the AROS based kickstart, doesn't it?

If the program runs using that, it could be packaged.

You cold also use the installed Amiga pnd, which may be setup correctly like java applications use the java pnd.

Flappy Bird
image.jpg

btw. Flappy bird for Game Coders,is like a 'Hello World' for Beginning Code Enthusiasts :D
Hello,

Thanks for you answers.

1st/ It was for my own knowledge not to release it on the Pandora repository (I aware about the copyrighted kickstarts and aware about the aros ones).

2nd/ Commader-beef, code it on a 16/32 bits computer and you'll see the technical constraints quickly...Yes, update objects on 4 bitplanes, so you'll understand that you will have to use some tricks and know the hardware you are coding on, then come back to me.

3rd/ What are the tools to manipulates PNDs ? 

Thanks.

btw. Flappy bird for Game Coders,is like a 'Hello World' for Beginning Code Enthusiasts :D

2nd/ Commader-beef, code it on a 16/32 bits computer and you'll see the technical constraints quickly...Yes, update objects on 4 bitplanes, so you'll understand that you will have to use some tricks and know the hardware you are coding on, then come back to me.

Thanks.
I mean it's like trend/point of honour today to make  flappy bird clone :D . I know [FULL RESPECT to You] it's hard to code in motorola's 68x ASM.

BTW. Coding flappy bird in AMOS should be pretty easy task.. 

Making PND's:

http://pandorawiki.org/Introduction_to_PNDs

PNDTools by foxblock. 

PNDBuilder by StreaK.

PNDManager by Speaker Ender

PNDbuilder by freedomdown

I never said it was a hard task, if you think it is easy in Amos just code and show me a demo moving big objects in 6 colors on a 4bitplanes (16 colors) background. On most of the demos objects where flying on a black screen. You should remind that.

On flappy bird there is a gravity effect, a scrolling, detection collision, etc. it's not that far that a

Ship avoiding meteoroid and shooting on enemies.

BTW thank you very much for the link.

Hi Gibs

If you want you can use the Codeblocks PND by Ptitseb and create the pnd with the help of a little bash script.

I personally use this for my pnd.

Put all the needed files to run the game/app inside a directory including a PXML file (with the needed info inside..or it will be refused by the repo) and an icon, and exit from this directory.

Remember to choose an appropriate name for the directory (accordingly to the dir name used in the script to mount the PND ...

for example in your case could be /mnt/utmp/flappybird so you have to name the directory flappybird/)

Now write on console (the console of codeblocks.....run it using the CLI version of the pnd) :

pnd_make.sh -d /media/nameofSDcard/flappybird -p NAME.pnd -i /media/nameofSDcard/flappybird/icon.png -c
Name.pnd is a name of your choise for the package ( es.. Flappy Bird.pnd ) and the PND is done.

Now exit the codeblocks and test it under an external SD card formatted with Fat32 (to be sure it works properly).

For a more detailed info you can read the very good and informative article here at PandoraLive

Back