Running Emu With Different Files?

Spykez

Looked for readme's but not all have them, seems most emu's have 2 different versions to run the emu but no idea what the difference is.

gpfce for the NES has fceu_norot.gpe (whhich will crash SMB 3 and some others) and fceu_rot.gpe (...wait...why do I want my wiz to rot? :( )

pocketsnes_fast.gpe and pocketsnes.gpe (I'd obviously want to use the fast one wouldn't i?)

Looked for readme's but not all have them, seems most emu's have 2 different versions to run the emu but no idea what the difference is.
gpfce for the NES has fceu_norot.gpe (whhich will crash SMB 3 and some others) and fceu_rot.gpe (...wait...why do I want my wiz to rot? :( )

pocketsnes_fast.gpe and pocketsnes.gpe (I'd obviously want to use the fast one wouldn't i?)

norot and rot just means if the screen is rendered 320x240 or 240x320. So rotated is 240x320, which can decrease the flicker.
Both were provided cause before the wiz release a kernel hadnt been released by gph publically the supported the rotation.

pocketsnes, in the fast version I believe uses hacks and tricks to get more speed, but you run the risk of losing compatability. So the untweaked version is provided that game X can still be played if something broke it in the "fast" version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back