Sa-1 Chip

abeisgreat

Still Fresh
I believe the SA-1 chip is the chip in games like Super Mario RPG that makes it much harder to emulate, will this be able to be emulated on the pandora?

Sorry if this was already talked about, I couldnt find it if it was

the pandora definitely has enough power to emulate the various expansion chips the snes had, including the fx2 (the most powerful one, an addon 20mhz 3d processor).
heck, even a port of zsnes might run at full speed with these. that would be nice. i remember running it on my 300mhz amd k6-2 with good speed on anything but fx2 games

abeisgreat said:
I believe the SA-1 chip is the chip in games like Super Mario RPG that makes it much harder to emulate, will this be able to be emulated on the pandora?

I don't know about this SA-1 thingi myself, but If it's emulated on the gp2x. (or on any open source emulator for that matter), then yes it will be almost certainly emulated on the Pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless they've made some changes to ZSnes, you'll probably find some x86 asm in there, so not too optimal for use on pandora...

Hooka said:
Unless they've made some changes to ZSnes, you'll probably find some x86 asm in there, so not too optimal for use on pandora...
oh yah, forgot about that, oops. im used to just thinking of the difference between windows and linux, not x86 and arm -_-

abeisgreat said:

It is emulated on GPX from some weeks ago.

Rivroner said:
abeisgreat said:

It is emulated on GPX from some weeks ago.

O rlly, link?

Try looking in the GP2X News forum on this site. There's a topic about it. I think it's an update for PocketSNES.

-God Ginrai

Back