Safest Way To Downgrade From Firmware 4.1

Aries

Still Fresh
I searched through the entire forum but coulnt find a tutorial for downgrading my f-100 mk1. I did the mistake to update the firmware to 4.0.0 and then 4.1.0 (f-100 versions). The firmware work ok, but it boot one time out of two, I mean it hang on the booting screen so i need to turn it off and on back again. Sometimes I have to do it many time before it finally boot right. Anyone know the steps for a safe downgrade from 4.1.0 to 2.1.

Maybe reflash device with full image of older firmware version? (not the upgrading)
I did once to mine 3.0.0-(reflash the nand)->1.4-->2.0-->2.1-->2.1.1

The only safe way is to completely blank the NAND first, but you might get away with just flashing down to 2.0 (this is the best complete firmware image GPH has released) though I wouldn't do it myself.

Orkie said:
The only safe way is to completely blank the NAND first, but you might get away with just flashing down to 2.0 (this is the best complete firmware image GPH has released) though I wouldn't do it myself.
Hi Orkie. i tried your utility nandblank, but doesnt pass the GPH logo while pressing sel+start...weird! Is there any way to load it manually from the gui? It didnt brick it, just stuck there, I see no sign of nandblank loading, just the plain white fw4 GPH logo. Any tought? By the way, how is open2x firmware advancing?

edit: I got it thanks, I tried another sd-card and I installed 2.0, i forgot how much blazing fast it boot!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back